For one year, get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands on experience and prepare for your future. This full-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset. AmeriCorps VISTA members are Volunteers in Service to America who perform indirect service to build capacity and sustainability solutions.
What will you do?
The marketing & communications VISTA creates, documents and implements plans for creative, engaging and timely communications to Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity’s stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, ReStore customers, staff, partner families, potential homeowners, and the general public. This position will help Richmond Habitat increase its capacity to maintain a robust content calendar by researching and developing blog content, social media posts, printed materials, email content, and more.
• Develop and document a marketing & communications plan, including targeting marketing efforts for each of our identified stakeholders. Reference resources available from Habitat for Humanity International and local Habitat organizations to inform the plan.
• Develop systems, such as an online database, to track metrics on all of our marketing efforts.
• Develop and document a social media content calendar to include items such as events marketing, important and engaging photographs, program updates, stories, video content and more.
• Develop, document and cultivate marketing materials as needed. Create templates that can be used in the future.
• Research and create a contact list for local influencers who may be willing to partner with our organization.
• Develop an internal communications plan in partnership with the Director of Communications.
This position will focus on brand management and fundraising aspects of Habitat affiliate operations and will benefit over 65, military/veteran, youth and young professional populations.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
- Annual living allowance range from $13,399 to $26,798, determined by the service location; most locations are on the lower end of this range.
- Segal Education Award of $6,345, upon successful completion of service.
- Health benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Ten personal and 10 medical leave days.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Noncompetitive eligibility status for federal employment for one year after successful completion of service.
- Relocation travel assistance for members relocating more than 50 miles to serve.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Current valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
For any questions, please contact:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 1-800-422-4828 x5034