Heritage Christian Services is hiring a Staff Training and Development Specialist. Successful candidates will have a passion for developing others, a desire to collaborate with coworkers and experience with facilitating training. In this role you will have the opportunity to provide education to all levels of the organization, starting with new employee training. Candidates with experience supporting people with intellectual and/or development disabilities is preferred.
- Facilitate education and training programs, including new employee orientation, CPR/ AED, Positive Supports and SCIP-R, and a variety of continuing education classes to support employees with gaining skills and knowledge.
- Obtain certification to facilitate American Red Cross First Aid, CPR, AED, Pediatric CPR and Positive Supports and SCIP-R.
- Evaluate and adapt curriculum as needed.
- Collaborate with Learning and Development Specialist in the utilization of the learning management system.
- Collaborate with the American Red Cross for blended learning courses.
- Provide support to new employees through building relationships and positive communication, and assisting them with navigating through challenges.
- Monitors the effectiveness of training efforts by conducting operations reviews including a formal evaluation process for instructors and ensures that goals and objectives are successfully met on time and to the satisfaction of key stakeholders and clients.
- Support leadership with a focus on employee retention through problem solving as needed.