What’s the role?
We’re looking to provide customer-focused Fire Protection interns with the opportunity to gain a tremendous amount of knowledge regarding the company, our products and how our engineering operations drive the growth of Hilti’s business through the completion of value-added projects and day-to-day tasks.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Our ten-week summer internship is a great opportunity to bring talent into the organization and expose our interns to Hilti as a future employer. Interns typically work full time during the summer on value-added projects that are relevant to their education and that drive Hilti’s business. Individuals who successfully complete an internship will be considered for a full-time position upon graduation.
Examples of past projects:
- Create/enhance engineering judgement process
- Webinar presentation to 50 Hilti field personnel to train them on new technical data
- Support continuing education process for external fire protection engineers by planning for summer lab education event
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- Are in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Protection Engineering or Technology
- Graduate in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Desire to pursue the business aspect of the engineering profession
- Successfully completed concrete and steel classes (preferred)
- Can identify, analyze, and solve technical problems
- Are results oriented and proactive – able to get things done and achieve targets
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills
- Are willing to relocate nationally
- Are eligible to work in the US permanently without sponsorship