Homepoint believes in a diverse and inclusive environment where every person is additive to our success. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a culture stake for us and affirms our commitment to value the opinions, life experiences and backgrounds of our customers, associates, partners, and shareholders. We actively hire, promote, and recognize those whose unique voice makes us stronger. Diverse ideas and perspectives are core to our success.
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion is looking for a candidate that is energetic and passionate about DE&I, community engagement and creating a shared sense of purpose for all associates. Your contribution will directly impact Homepoint’s mission to create opportunities, connect people and build happy healthy communities.
An ideal candidate for this role is an effective communicator who can engage in collaborative and productive partnerships with associates at all levels and locations across the company. The candidate will also be an independent, reliable and a self-starter who can exercise sound judgment, prioritize assignments, and deliver results against set deadlines.
This paid internship will be fully remote and might offer the option to work in-office or hybrid, depending on the state of COVID restrictions. The intern will not be required to work in-office or hybrid, as the remote option will always be available.
Dates of Program: Oct 4 – December 31, 2021 (12 weeks) with an opportunity for extension
Pay: $20 an hour, up to 30 hours a week
Under the direction of the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDO) the Intern will support D&I and Homepoint Foundation initiatives and efforts. They will be a part of the D&I department which is primarily focused on creating a sustainable, equitable workforce for all associates, enhancing our organization’s inclusive culture, implementing DEI strategy as the foundation for our goals, policies, processes, philanthropic efforts, and community outreach.
- Conduct research, create reports on program efforts, and conceptualize new ideas for associate programs and community engagement
- Contribute to strategy development and implementation of the DEI Strategic Plan
- Support project management and coordination of DEI initiatives, including support of Associate Resource Groups and committees
- Attend and participate in all project team and sub-committee team meetings
- Research and brief on DEI topics and their correlation with homeownership and financing services, aiming to identify gaps in access and service to communities
- Coordinate and support of DEI-focused, community-based events and initiatives
- Attend internal and external meetings as requested to gain insight and provide details pertinent to Homepoint’s DEI and Foundation efforts
- Work on special, related projects as needed
- Stay abreast of best practices on DEI, recommend relevant initiatives for Homepoint and actions
- Support logistics for company-wide meetings and events
- Draft, schedule, and post communications across internal and external channels
- Participate in D&I Leadership Council and Foundation meetings and provide administrative support
- Create PowerPoint slide decks for presentations, including data analysis of diversity demographics
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree related to DEI, Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration Communications, Cultural Studies, Social Sciences or other business field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong time and task management skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and use sound judgment
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to excel in a fluid, cross-functional team environment
- Collaborative orientation with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams)
- An ability to synthesize large amounts of information from multiple sources and to translate learning into the identification of key trends