HomeServe is a Great Place to Work, and while we’re biased, we’re not just saying that. We’re proud to have been certified as a Great place to Work the last three years. What does HomeServe do and what makes it so great? Well, we’re glad you asked!
We put people at the heart of everything we do. That’s priority number one for all of us. For the 4.7 million Customers we serve, that means being there when they have an emergency home repair need, such as getting their a/c working, clearing their clogged pipes, or fixing broken electrical systems. With over 1,000 municipal and utility Partners, that means providing their customers with access to affordable home repair plans, making it easier, faster and less expensive to have their home repair needs met. For our Contractors – more than 2,000 small businesses employing tradespeople working on our behalf throughout North America – it means providing them a steady stream of business and helping them grow. And for the more than 2,500 People working alongside us, it means fostering a rewarding, inclusive and challenging career experience that we think is second to none.
No matter your role at HomeServe, you’re part of a growing global team that’s collectively working to make home repairs and improvements easy. From our businesses in the U.S. and Canada, to those in the U.K., Belgium, France, Japan, Portugal and Spain, we have a shared vision is to be the world’s largest, most trusted provider of home repairs and improvements. Our ambition is to do every job, in every home.
Review copy to identify mistakes and/or inconsistencies in spelling, grammar, punctuation, appearance and content. Compare all promotional material to ensure accurate changes, correct images and content maintained throughout.
- Review copy to identify mistakes and/or inconsistencies in spelling, grammar, punctuation, appearance and content
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, content, grammar, punctuation or spelling using standard proofreaders’ marks
- Read corrected copies or proofs in order to ensure that all corrections have been made
- Compare information or stats with original copy, to detect errors
- Ensure documents contain all required disclaimers, footnotes, legal copy
- Develop familiarity with correct logos, product names and legalese for content/product
- Review all materials for visual standards and consistency, format, style and design
- 2-3 years proofreading experience
- College degree in English or Journalism preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Above-average computer skills, including demonstrated knowledge of Mac-based programs such as Acrobat and Word
- Understanding of proper sentence and paragraph construction
- Proven time management skills in a deadline driven environment
- The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Good math skills
In Return we Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Casual attire throughout the week
- Friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere
- Excellent benefits including generous medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
HomeServe USA is an equal opportunity employer.