Are you a college student looking to get involved in the political process and gain campaign experience? Apply for an internship with Jim Himes for Congress below.
The Himes for Congress Campaign is seeking part‐time interns for:
● Fall: September – November
As an intern you will:
● Gain first‐hand exposure to the political process.
● Work closely with constituents from a wide variety of backgrounds.
● Learn voter outreach strategies and how to implement them.
● Understand the structure of a Congressional campaign.
● Assist with local state races.
Primary responsibilities will include:
● Implementing field strategy by organizing phone banks and (door-to-door canvassing when we are able).
● Working at virtual campaign events and in-person events if you are in the area.
● Recruiting volunteers for upcoming events and campaign activities.
● Training volunteers on phone call and canvassing procedures.
● Creating and executing volunteer recruitment plans throughout their communities.
● Promoting the campaign and candidate through the use of social media and community advocacy.
● Researching current events and policies.
Interns will also have access to periodic meetings with senior campaign staff in order to
enhance their exposure to gain a well‐developed understanding of the campaign and its
Prospective interns are asked to commit to a minimum of two days per week, at least 6 hours a week. Start and end dates are flexible.
We look forward to seeing you on the campaign trail.