Data Coordinator at Next Door Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
The Data Coordinator is a full time on-site position that is responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of data systems with an emphasis on educational data systems. The ideal candidate must be experienced in data applications and understand the importance of data gathering, data entry, data monitoring and data tracking.
- Perform routine audits of user accounts to ensure proper security is maintained.
- Manage data application access to ensure proper security levels.
- Review current policies and procedures as it relates to data collection and reporting and propose recommendations as needed to ensure agency compliance.
- Perform data integrity checks to ensure data is consistent across database systems.
- Help identify and oversee efficient setup of new data systems.
- Identify and recommend process improvements as it relates to agency needs.
- Work with organization leadership to understand needs and goals related to data.
- Provide regular status reports and perform routine tests to identify issues in data integrity and systems.
- Ensure proper back-ups of data.
- Assist in the process of purging historical data in accordance to agency policies.
- Ensure users understand systems as designed for data collection and data reporting as it relates to reporting requirements.
- Train users as needed to understand data systems structure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues identified by end users.
Accountability and Performance Requirement
All staff members are accountable for knowing and performing the responsibilities associated with their individual position in an efficient and effective manner, understanding that each of us plays an integral role in the success of our mission. All staff will support the agency mission, vision, standards of conduct/code of ethics and strategic directions and support administrative decisions. This must demonstrated by maintaining a positive work environment, and by behaving and communicating in an appropriate manner with children, families, coworkers, supervisors and the public while achieving performance expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Three to four years of SQL server database experience or data systems experience in a business environment or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL with an emphasis on creating, modifying, and managing custom reports.
- Experience with data integration, performance tuning, and optimization, and setting up and managing database connections.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends clearly and confidently.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
Safety and Health
Next Door is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the well-being and health of its employees. An essential part of each employees’ job is the development of safe working practices and the observance of safety rules, including:
- Following safety warnings and directions at all times.
- Using personal safety devices when required.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Following process for reporting suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Reporting unsupervised children, after ensuring child’s safety.
- Primarily active work; occasionally lifting up, holding or moving up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, sitting on the floor, walking/transporting, handling, reaching, climbing, balancing, crouching, crawling, talking and speaking clearly, hearing conversation level, tasting, smelling and seeing; ability to interact daily with children outdoors in varied weather condition.
- Office/center setting with occasional travel between sites required.