Development and Communications Specialist at Neighborhood House of Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Under the supervision of the Neighborhood House Development Director, the Development and Communications Specialist supports all aspects of meeting Neighborhood House’s annual fundraising goals with special emphasis on designing marketing materials using InDesign and managing agency’s website, using Word Press, and social media.
Benefits include: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K plan (with employer matching), childcare discount (before, during and after school), paid holidays, vacation pay, sick pay and personal days, employee assistance program, course reimbursement, paid professional development training, and a supportive family-friendly work environment.
- Support the multiple donor, alumni, volunteer and community fundraising efforts at Neighborhood House, including but not limited to: soliciting sponsors, donors and volunteers, communicating with supporters and vendors, providing tech and IT support for social media, and document the events/initiatives to help streamline future planning.
- Design and help produce major publications and marketing materials including but not limited to: annual report, brochures, flyers, events’ calendar, press kits, special event publications and special event branding. Submit data for printing.
- Manage NH website, social media, and email communication, with an emphasis on raising the public profile of NH and strengthening relations with partners and donors.
- Manage marketing for events, including submitting on-line publications and community and events calendars produce and disseminate press releases about NH events and programs and help cultivate media relations for the agency with a goal of increasing the agency’s visibility.
- Maintain agency photo files and maintain hard copy as well as electronic Development files.
- Assist in maintaining accurate Neighborhood House’s donor and grant databases and files, including but not limited to: recording donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgements, supporting multiple donor appreciation efforts, generating donor reports in a timely manner. . Create and improve accuracy of invitation lists, help with event logistics and setup,
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in fundraising, customer service, marketing, public relations, event planning, graphic design, corporate communication, telemarketing and/or sales.
- Experience in managing social media platforms – WordPress, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Experience using InDesign, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Sage Fundraising or related software preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service with the ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals.
- Strong visual design and production skills (in print and online media preferred).
- Ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and accurately represent Neighborhood House and respond to inquiries from managers, volunteers, clients, and the public.
- Must hold valid driver’s license.
NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE HISTORY AND IMPACT:
The Neighborhood House of Milwaukee inspires discovery in children and families of all backgrounds, encouraging lifelong learning and confident leadership. Founded in 1945 as community center for urban youth, families and seniors, we expanded our service footprint and programming to include high quality early childcare, after school programs for youth and teens, adult education for refugees, parenting support and environmental, music and arts education, recreational and sports activities for families and school districts throughout the Milwaukee metropolitan area. Most recently, we opened a Food Pantry following the unexpected closure of the only nearby one. It served more than 2,850 people in its first year. Finally, our 90-acre Nature Center in the central Kettle Moraine of Dodge County is a key part of the strong environmental ethic that is part of our overall efforts.
We believe the power of unleashing the full potential and full expression of one person has benefits that carry over into other aspects of life, including a better sense of belonging to self and community. Whether we are a safe refuge or a pathway for more opportunity, all those served have the same access to our diverse community of exceptional childcare and educational enrichment designed for long-term success.
Much more program info is available on our website.
Neighborhood House is an AA and Equal Opportunity Employer