IT Systems Support Analyst at Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center in Whitefish Bay, WI (Milwaukee-area) – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
The Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) is seeking a knowledgeable, solution-oriented IT Systems Support Analyst. Under the supervision of the Information Technology Manager, this position analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or improve the existing computer system. The IT Systems Support Analyst confers with personnel from various parts of the organization to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems and learn specific input and output requirements, including the forms of data input, how data is to be summarized and formats for reports. This position plans, develops, tests and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. The IT Systems Support Analyst evaluates user requests for new or modified programs, as well as codes and tests programs until they are accepted as operational.
The JCC is a non-profit social services agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the entire community, the JCC strengthens Jewish identity and enriches quality of life through diversified social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs. Operating out of six facilities throughout Wisconsin, the JCC provides the total community with a forum for open dialogue and offers inclusive wellness, education, and community services for members and guests of all backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies current operating procedures and clarifies program objectives.
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations to determine if requested programs or program changes are possible within the existing system.
- Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate their effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Upgrades computer systems and corrects errors to maintain the systems after implementation.
- Develops and implements programs that meet user requirements.
- Formulates plans to develop programs, using structured analysis and design.
- Devises and enters program codes into computer systems.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters programs to increase their operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Helps users solve operating problems.
- May direct and coordinate the work of others to develop, test, install and modify programs.
- Recreates steps taken by users to locate the source of problems, and rewrites programs to correct errors.
- May train users to use programs.
- May oversee the installation of hardware.
- May provide technical assistance to program/system users.
- May install and test programs at user sites.
- May monitor the performance of programs after implementation.
- May specialize in developing programs for business or technical applications.
- Protects information by discovering potential security breaches and information losses; devising protective and recovery strategies; testing system reliability.
- Integrates information by promulgating and enforcing information systems and technology standards.
- Maintain transparent and timely communication as well as regular meetings with the IT Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining satisfactory compliance in safety standards, license issues, and health matters for state and local agencies as necessary and required.
- Adhere to, and ensure IT Manager is apprised of any concerns, challenges, or other potential impacts to the JCC.
- Assume responsibilities as assigned for JCC special events.
- Must actively promote and practice the organization’s Positive Rules of Communication.
- Perform the MOD duties as assigned on a weekly and annual basis.
- Perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements (KSAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Ability to apply the principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Education and/or Experience
- Two- or four-year college degree or equivalent experience in computer science and programming.
- Two to five years of experience as a computer analyst or programmer, or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years of experience with networks, database, desktop hardware, large scale software systems or other information technology experience.
- Strong ability to work effectively with peers, leaders, and staff.
What do we offer?
Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC offers a challenging, dynamic, multicultural work environment with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The JCC is committed to a culture that supports work-life balance, and invests in our culture by offering a generous paid time off package to full time employees. These include paid time for vacation, personal or sick days and paid observance of secular and religious holidays. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, participation in our defined contribution 403B pension with an Agency contribution, and Group Life and Disability Insurance after one year of service.
Uniquely JCC Benefits
- JCC Membership: Every active staff member receives full JCC membership at no cost, which includes member access to our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatics facilities in Whitefish Bay and summer membership to the JCC Water Park in Mequon.
- JCC Program Discounts: Employees receive significant discounts on virtually all programs offered at the JCC and are actively encouraged to participate in our early education, wellness, camping, cultural, and enrichment programs.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please see the bottom of this page.