Collaborate with our industry experts to identify, assess and manage risk. You’ll make meaningful professional contributions while developing your expertise in a dynamic team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. You’ll have what you need to succeed – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage your skills.
What to expect
Our nine-week program kicks off with a week of induction, where you’ll have training and orientation to our businesses and gain the technical and practical knowledge you’ll need to start contributing to our teams. Top performers may receive a full-time (for juniors) or returning summer internship (for sophomores) offer at the end of the summer.
You will also get to work alongside our top-tier professionals, shaping the decision-making and developing models that manage our financial reputation and regulatory performance.
You’ll also help mitigate and manage risk — building critical capabilities that allow the firm to manage any kind of market.
• Work under the guidance of mentors and a supportive team to help you learn and grow
• Come up with innovate ideas to help our business
• Network with industry leaders, access best-in-class training and learn how all our business work together to provide excellent customer service
• Sharpen your technical skills, and finance and accounting principles
Opportunities to be an AM Risk Summer analyst are available with the following groups:
• Counterparty Risk: Risk arising from a debtor’s failure to meet terms of a contract. You’ll assess those we do business with and make recommendations about their ability to repay debt obligations.
• Credit Risk: Risk to earnings or capital arising from an obligor’s failure to meet the terms of contracts with the lender or otherwise to perform as agreed
• Fiduciary Risk: Risk related to fiduciary, legal, regulatory and contractual standards and requirements, and the appropriate management of conflicts of interest.
• Investment Risk: Risk of an investment return differing from the return expected — this includes market risk, interest risk, issuer risk, leverage risk and liquidity risk.
We’re looking for adaptable team players with the initiative and insight to develop innovative risk solutions in partnership with our global clients and partners.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong quantitative skills and a passion for investing
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Strong initiative, energy and confidence
• Background in financial accounting, financial analysis or mathematics a plus
• Genuine interest in financial markets, investing and macro-level economics
• Good judgment and discretion working with highly confidential information
• Attend college/university in the U.S.
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2022 and Spring 2023
• To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume are ways for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the Pymetrics platform. Pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It’s an additional data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 25-35 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the Pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results for this specific application without having to replay the games.
Following completion of Pymetrics, you’ll receive another email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
Both Pymetrics and HireVue are required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed them. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.