The Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive communications plan to further the mission of My Life My Choice by increasing visibility and expanding our network of donors, supporters and partners. The Communications Coordinator will play a pivotal role in helping My Life My Choice achieve its goals to serve more youth in need and train more youth-serving professionals. This position works cross-departmentally and reports to the Director of Development.
AS COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR, YOU WILL:
- Work cross-departmentally to strategize, create, and execute a comprehensive annual communications plan that is interconnected with fundraising and programmatic goals and aligned with three-year strategic plan.
- Create compelling videos, graphics, and other communications, including staff and mentee stories, annual reports, blogs, newsletters, donor letters, invitations, one pagers, etc. and disseminate via multiple platforms to share and grow the impact of My Life My Choice.
- Create, implement and monitor a robust social media strategy, in order to promote events, activities, and trainings and engage supporters in the work of My Life My Choice.
- Manage the agency’s website including creating new content, updates, and improvements.
- Help ensure all external communications materials and all agency social media platforms achieve a unified message and consistent design standards aligned with the My Life My Choice brand guidelines.
- Maintain and grow My Life My Choice photo library by taking pictures and develop video content for use on website and social media.
- Build and maintain a list of media contacts, draft media advisories, develop media strategy, and monitor and archive My Life My Choice media coverage.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on website and digital media analytics, as well as provide and implement recommendations in response to available data.
- Serve as a lead writer and editor to help further develop and maintain My Life My Choice’s strength-based, survivor-centric voice for social justice.
- Effectively communicate cross-departmentally in order to stay up-to-date with My Life My Choice programmatic work and incorporate that into communication efforts.
- Invest and involve yourself in diversity, equity and inclusion work throughout My Life My Choice.
- Attend supervision meetings, as well as staff and team meetings and regular trainings.
REQUIREMENTS, AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field;
- A minimum of two years related experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization;
- A personal interest in and commitment to social justice, in particular ending the commercial sexual exploitation of children;
- A strong willingness and initiative to learn, grow, and creatively enhance My Life My Choice’s communications;
- Excellent communication, writing, organization, and administrative skills;
- Demonstrated design experience using Adobe Creative Suite or other software;
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office, desktop publishing, graphic design, mass email software, and social media applications
- Personal commitment to social justice and ability to create communications through that lens.
- Website management experience (Squarespace preferred);
- Videography and editing skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details; and
- An ability to work within diverse teams with humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Survivors of commercial sexual exploitation are encouraged to apply.
- Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and includes medical, dental, 401K with company match, company sponsored pension plan, life insurance, generous personal time off package, tuition reimbursement, long and short-term disability, opportunities for continued education/training and more.
My Life My Choice is a Program of Justice Resource Institute (JRI). JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ+ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should email cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to Nancy Rachel Rousseau at email@example.com by Friday, September 10th. Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.