The Development and Communications Associate is an integral part of My Life My Choice staff, supporting donor operations and communications as a member of the Development Team. My Life My Choice is seeking an energetic and forward thinking person to assist with day-to-day administrative and project-based responsibilities. This person will have the opportunity to experience all of the aspects of nonprofit fundraising and communications, such as database management, developing content and designing graphics for social media, tracking and compiling social media analytics, donor reports, and other tasks as assigned. This position reports to the Director of Development.
AS DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE, YOU WILL:
- Maintain donor files, such as tracking donations, adding notes and uploading documents to the database, and other related tasks.
- Manage prospective donors on Constant Contact.
- Draft donor communications, including writing thank you letters, newsletters, and donor reports.
- Develop content for and maintaining a donor-related social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and our website.
- Support management of My Life My Choice affinity groups (Male Allies, Young Professionals, Host Committee, etc.) including recruitment, managing events, etc.
- Research trends, sponsorship opportunities, and monitor other relevant practices applicable to nonprofit fundraising.
- Assist with managing events from inception to day-of execution to post-event wrap-up, including creating marketing plans, acknowledging sponsor commitments, supporting logistics, managing in-kind gifts, etc.
- Capture and compile feedback on all events.
- Support Communications Coordinator in maintaining and ordering marketing materials, such as one-pagers, business cards, letterhead, envelopes, etc.
- Invest and involve yourself in diversity, equity and inclusion work throughout My Life My Choice.
- Attend supervision meetings, as well as staff and team meetings and regular trainings.
- Other related tasks, as necessary.
REQUIREMENTS, AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of development/fundraising experience preferred. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and will strive to meet our standard of excellence. This Development and Communications Associate will thrive in our dynamic, fast-paced environment which is experiencing rapid change and growth and an ideal candidate will possess:
- A personal interest in and commitment to social justice, in particular ending the commercial sexual exploitation of children;
- A strong willingness and initiative to learn, grow, and creatively enhance My Life My Choice’s Development department;
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- A high level of comfort and accuracy in working with numbers, data, and spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to be flexible, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with poise, enthusiasm, discretion and professionalism;
- Experience with development-related tools, such as: Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Constant Contact, Eventbrite, and Classy or other online fundraising platform(s);
- Experience with social media-related tools, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Canva;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to proofread and edit a range of written and visual materials;
- Ability to manage confidential information;
- Desire to work in a culturally and racially diverse office setting; and
- Personal commitment to social and racial justice and ability to create communications through that lens.
- Survivors of commercial sexual exploitation are encouraged to apply.
- Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
Salary and Benefits
- This position offers a competitive salary and includes medical, dental, 401K with company match, company sponsored pension plan, life insurance, generous personal time off package, tuition reimbursement, long and short-term disability, opportunities for continued education/training and more.
- My Life My Choice is a Program of Justice Resource Institute (JRI). JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ+ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should email cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to Nancy Rachel Rousseau at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 10th. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.