The Kao Mass Business (Key Brands: Ban, Bio-Oil, Biore, Curél, Guhl, Jergens, John Frieda, MyKirei & Wakati) has a bold vision: By 2030, we’re striving to make sure that every household in our key markets can experience a “Kirei” moment at least once a day. “Kirei” is a Japanese word that is core to our Kao DNA, it means “an extraordinary feeling of beauty and joy, inside & out”. We strive for it in every action we take. We will achieve this vision by living our Mission “In everything we do, we care more – making everyday moments more extraordinary for all”. To be a part of the Kao Mass family, you must truly “care more” about our co-workers, our consumers, & our brands.
The Assistant Market Research Manager is a cross-functional support position for the organization. This role will assist in the analysis, visualization and synthesis of various quantitative data sources (primary, secondary, as well as modeled) related to key business questions on Kao brands such as Jergens, Biore and John Frieda. The role will work closely with members of the Analytics & Insights Center of Excellence and custom Market Research team as well as cross-functional partners to identify key insights and to develop data-driven recommendations.
- Analyze, synthesize, and interpret a range of data types and sources (primary, secondary, modeled, trended, etc.)
- Visualize and translate data insights into actionable business recommendations via powerful story-telling.
- Syndicated data sources (AOD, Numerator, Profitero, etc.) platform management and analytical support.
- Manage Analytics & Insights Platform
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred. Relevant fields of study include Market Research, Marketing, Business, Data & Analytics, Mathematics/Statistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Communication, and Psychology.
- 1-5 years of market research experience (direct business facing) preferred, or an advanced degree + relevant market research experience.
- Experience in a Consumer Packaged Goods environment or in the Beauty industry is a plus.
- Experience with syndicated data sources/platforms (Nielsen, IRI, Numerator, etc.) as well as retailer POS data.
- Experience with data visualization software/tools (Tableau, Power Bi, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to learn from experience and then to apply that learning to new and challenging situations.
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and prioritization skills are a must.