The Kao Mass Business (Key Brands: Ban, Bio-Oil, Biore, Curél, Guhl, Jergens, John Frieda, MyKirei & Wakati) has a bold vision: By 2030, we’re striving to make sure that every household in our key markets can experience a “Kirei” moment at least once a day. “Kirei” is a Japanese word that is core to our Kao DNA, it means “an extraordinary feeling of beauty and joy, inside & out”. We strive for it in every action we take. We will achieve this vision by living our Mission “In everything we do, we care more – making everyday moments more extraordinary for all”. To be a part of the Kao Mass family, you must truly “care more” about our co-workers, our consumers, & our brands.
The Assistant Market Research manager will support the market research team. This role will assist in the planning, execution, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative consumer research projects related to key business questions on Kao brands such as Jergens, Biore and John Frieda. The role will work closely with members of the custom Market Research team as well as cross-functional partners to identify key insights and to develop data-driven recommendations.
- Provide project management support for qualitative and quantitative market research projects from study design through presentation of results – including writing proposals and screeners, reviewing questionnaires and discussion guides, coordinating field, issuing topline findings, preparing final reports and presenting results.
- Assist with NPD planning, stage gates and over-arching consumer story
- Data analysis support to help analyze, synthesize, and interpret a range of data types and sources.
- Translate consumer and market insights into actionable business recommendations.
- Manage self-service market research platform as well as provide programming and analytical support.
- Manage connected insights platform
- Bachelor’s Degree required and MBA preferred. Relevant fields of study include Market Research, Marketing, Business, Data & Analytics, Mathematics/Statistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Communication, and Psychology.
- 1-5 years of market research experience (direct business facing) preferred, or an advanced degree + relevant market research experience.
- Experience in a consumer packaged goods environment or in the Beauty industry is a plus;
- Experience with self-service research platforms.
- Experience with Nielsen or IRI, Amazon data, and retailer POS data
- Must have strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and prioritization skills are a must.
- Self-starter with a growth mindset – embrace learning, lean into challenges and work through obstacles, learn from criticism and seek inspiration in others successes