Location- Norwalk, CT
King Industries is actively looking to hire a 2nd or 3rd Shift Quality Control (QC) Technician within our Quality Control department. Ideal candidates should have a Bachelor of Science or master’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent, as well as a minimum of one year experience in a chemical laboratory or equivalent. The candidate must have a familiarity with classic wet chemical and instrumental techniques.
• Must be self-starter and well organized.
• Ability to interact well with supervisors and associates.
• Good verbal and mathematics skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent.
• Minimum 1-year experience in chemical laboratory or equivalent work-related experience.
• Familiarity with classic wet chemical and instrumental techniques.
• Good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analysis of raw materials, and in-process and final products for compliance with requirement.
• Providing support in solving process problems and customer complaints.
• Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
• Participation in Reproducibility and Repeatability (R & R) studies.
• Disposal of unneeded samples and waste.
• Maintaining orderliness of QC laboratory, and washing glassware as needed.
• Maintaining and/or ordering laboratory supplies and chemicals.
• Miscellaneous job-related tasks as requested by supervisor.
• Participation in company safety and other training programs
• Participates in Company wide effort to promote quality assurance in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, & OHSA 18001.
• Maintain a general knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSA 18001 requirements.
About the Company
For over 80 years, King Industries has been supplying specialty chemical producers to a variety of industries that are performance driven with ever changing needs. The product portfolio includes catalysts, rust and corrosion inhibitors, dispersants, rheology modifiers, surface control additives, synthetic base oils and base oil modifiers, and specialty additives for lubricant oils. Located in Norwalk, Connecticut, King Industries offers competitive salaries and benefits, including 401(k).
• Competitive Pay + Overtime availability
• Steady Work & Growth Potential
• Preventative based medical coverage
• Dental benefits
• Two weeks paid vacation (after six months of employment). Three weeks paid vacation after five years. 11 Paid Holidays
• On-site company gym
To apply for this position, send cover letter and resume to; firstname.lastname@example.org.