*This position is currently available as a remote internship due to COVID-19.
Kirstin Care PRP is a mental health case management program operating in the Maryland area that provides professional services for adults and their families. We are looking for an Clinical Administrative Assistant to join our team. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication, organization and time management skills. Must pass required background check. Knowledge and experience with customer service, medical billing and electronic health records a plus. Position requires successful completion of a State Background Check.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling appointments
- Making and receiving phone calls
- Entering client intake information
- Faxing and mailing documents
- Verifying insurance benefits
- Billing insurances for services rendered
- Managing EHRs, Creating and maintaining electronic client charts
- Copying/printing/faxing information for clients/clinicians/insurance
- Processing client payments
· Fill out Client Demographics, Contact, Insurance, Authorization, Assignments, DX, and Documents
· Scan Intake Paperwork and other Client’s paperwork into Splash
· Make sure each Client file has all intake paperwork and documents and make sure it is uploaded into Splash
· Answer Phone calls
· Schedule office drills each quarter
· Keep track of Discharges (Letter, Summary, Splash) and discharge clients who haven’t been seen
· Make new files
· Organize supply closet/keep track of supplies needed
- 1 Year of administrative experience
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Basic knowledge of computer programs and office procedures required
- Knowledge of billing and insurances
- Must work well in a team environment
Job Type: Part-Time
*Students may receive educational credit for all our internships per approval from the respective institution
The educational plan for this internship is to have the intern get accustomed to handling office duties. The intern will learn how to manage an EMR system, make files, schedule appointments, and much more. This internship can eventually turn into a full or part-time paid position depending on need and fit.
The mentoring plan for this internship includes having the intern be supervised by our executive team. Our team will supervise the intern regularly and provide a performance evaluation on a month-to-month basis.