The Massachusetts General Hospital Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (MGH DVES) has a long tradition of excellence in clinical care, innovative methods of evaluation and treatment, education and training, and clinical research.
Under general supervision of the Clinical Research Manager, the individual serves as a vital member of the research team responsible for data coordination, data integrity/ quality control, data security and overall data management, as well as managing logistical details related to study reporting and data transfer. The incumbent will be responsible for updating a new database, confirming current data points reflect necessary information for identified reporting metrics, creating automated study report templates, updating the corresponding data dictionary, user testing, and transferring data from one database to the newly updated database. The Data Manager will work closely with the study team during this project.
- Create study specific data capture tools and database update, including the extraction and uploading of datasets and creation of reports.
- Perform advanced and routine data quality assurance.
- Develop standardized data checks.
- Prepare reports related to patient outcomes and protocol compliance. Prepare additional reports are required to meet regulatory reporting needs.
- Retrieve data and generate reports from the database as requested by staff.
- Attend/conduct meetings, teleconferences, and webinars relevant to project.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility of data in completion of work.
- Generate reports to end users/study staff.
- Successfully transfer of study data from one database to the new database.
- Advanced computer and programming skills, ideally with R. Statistical analysis skills (using R, SAS, or Stata)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment and prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Familiarity with research specific databases a strong plus
- Must be mature, responsible, detail-oriented, and creative with excellent organizational skills.
B.A., B.S. required, ideally with background in Public Health or computer science. Other educational backgrounds with the requisite experience may be considered.
Minimum of 1-2 years analytic experience in a research environment. Programming experience in R, SAS, or Stata preferred. Healthcare experience, particularly in an academic medical setting, a plus.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location MA-Boston-MGH Main Campus
Work Locations MGH Main Campus 55 Fruit Street Boston 02114
Job Admin/Clerical/Cust Service
Organization Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours 1
Shift Day Job
Employee Status Temporary
Recruiting Department Bulfinch Temporary Service
Job Posting Jun 17, 2021