Why You’ll Want this Internship
Enjoy a flexible work environment where you can think critically and feed your need (and ours!) for innovation. After initial training, dive in with your full-time team to learn the business and enjoy robust programming including our Executive Speaker Series, Lunch and Learns with unique teams like Restaurant Architecture and Happy Meals, Employee Business Network sessions, and other training. We designed this internship to provide a smooth transition into McDonald’s so don’t worry – if you bring curiosity and work ethic, we will bring the know-how.
We believe we are #BetterTogether, so we encourage networking through Peer Lunches and mentorship from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in guiding you to develop into a McDonald’s future leader.
In addition, the capabilities you will acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, and beginning your career in the McDonald’s Corporate Internship gives you early access to our full-time post-graduation opportunities.
McDonald’s Global Finance/Accounting centered in Chicago includes multiple departments such as US Finance/Accounting, US Business Insights, Corporate Finance/Accounting, Corporate Tax, and Internal Audit. These teams handle all financial activity and responsibilities for Corporate and US business including accounting & reporting, economic policies, shareholder value, tax, financial risk, and business insights/strategy for McDonald’s.
Why We’ll Hire You
You are a strong candidate if you:
- Are a Junior working towards your Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Are pursuing a preferred major including: Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics or other Accounting and Finance Related Degrees
- Have a passion for finance, accounting, data analytics, or strategy
- Prove a quantitative ability to calculate, interpret, act on and communicate findings in a relevant way
- Show proficiency in Excel
- Desire to learn and be a leader
- Can work Monday-Friday during all 10 weeks of the internship June 6 – August 12
- Adapt strong communication skills based on your audience
- Are committed to a culture of inclusiveness
- Want to impact the modern era of McDonald’s
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date
How You’ll be Compensated
You’ll be lovin’ your benefits which will include:
- $25/Hour (Expect to work 40 hrs each week)
- Housing Stipend
- Access to our world-class headquarters and facilities (gym, company events, rooftop patio)
- Company-sponsored networking and social events
- Eligibility for Summer Hours
McDonald’s Corporation and McDonald’s USA, LLC (the “Company”) are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company.
Please contact US-UniversityRecruiting@us.mcd.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company.