The McDonald’s Global Technology Rotational Program is for you if you have the desire to learn from top technology talent at a global, enterprise organization. You will have the opportunity to learn about large scale development and deployment of both corporate and restaurant systems using the newest technologies. You’ll enjoy a flexible work environment where you can think critically, operate independently using your discretion and judgment, and feed your need (and ours!) for restless innovation. Our training program creates a foundation to help you thrive so you’ll be ready to dive into real-world challenges. We designed this program to provide a smooth transition into McDonald’s so you don’t have to worry – if you bring your interest in learning and working hard, we will bring the know-how! You will receive coaching from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in guiding you to develop into a future leader at McDonald’s.
What You’ll Do
You will launch your career when you:
- Learn and apply innovative digital capabilities and creative problem solving to address crucial business problems
- Rotate through Global Technology roles over your first two years
- Network and build your foundation of technical skills, business integration and industry, domain, and technology knowledge through your rotational experience
- Contribute to strategy for the world’s leading restaurant chain
- Develop expertise in cyber-security, cloud architecture, infrastructure, etc.
- Organize data, evaluations, and reports
- Commit to using your scale for good
- Build business intuition
Why We’ll Hire You
You’re a strong candidate if:
- You’re a Senior working towards your Bachelor’s degree or have already graduated with a Bachelor’s degree (Preferred Majors: CS, Computer Programming, IT, MIS, CIS, Computer Engineering, or other technology related degree)
- Have a passion for Technology
- Have proven leadership experience through internships, student groups, professional organizations, or community involvement
- Shown the ability to organize and present ideas in a compelling manner to various audiences
- You are inquisitive and love problem solving with innovative ideas and new approaches
- You are detail-oriented
- Committed to a culture of inclusiveness
- You want to impact the modern era of McDonald’s
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Why You’ll Want This Job
Are you looking to try out a few different areas of technology to jump start your career? After we provide introductory training at our new, state-of-the-art Headquarters in Chicago, IL, you’ll rotate through three areas of Global Technology, spending about 8 months in each rotation. We are offering rotations through various groups within Global Technology such as Global Development, Vendor Management Office, and US IT (US Technology).
Successful fulfillment of your rotations prepares you for placement within one of our Global Technology teams where you will continue growing your career with McDonald’s. In addition, the capabilities we will help you acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, so know that beginning your career in the McDonald’s Leadership Program is choosing to give yourself options.
How You’ll be Compensated
You’ll be lovin’ your compensation and benefits package, which will include:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Eligibility for Target Incentive Plan (annual bonus)
- Health benefits
- 401k matching contributions
- Educational Assistance
- Matching Gifts Program
McDonald’s Corporation and McDonald’s USA, LLC (the “Company”) are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company.
Please contact US-UniversityRecruiting@us.mcd.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company.