Role: Associate Trader
Location: Multiple Positions and Locations (Atlanta, LA, Washington DC, NYC). You only need to submit one application be to considered for the other locations.
MiQ has been part of the programmatic landscape since the beginning and that programmatic expertise is the backbone to MiQ’s success. Our Programmatic expertise is driven by our trading team. We’re looking for a trader to join our growing trading team in one of our fastest growing global regions. You’ll have the opportunity to work collaboratively with sales, account management, product and analytics on some of the world’s most known brands.
WHO YOU ARE
We love different personalities at MiQ and strive to build teams constructed with diverse backgrounds and inclusive points of view. That said, we firmly believe that our values bring us together and we look for people who align with our values below.
- Passion – We love and live what we do.
- Determination – We always find a way to ‘figure it out’.
- Unity – We hold each other accountable. We win and lose as a team.
- Agility – We anticipate the unexpected, embrace and adapt to change.
- Courage – We dare to think unconventionally.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Delivery: Accomplishing tasks on time and to a high quality, managing different deadlines and priorities
- Managing a portfolio of clients and ensuring that all are performing & pacing optimally.
- Setup campaigns to succeed from day 1.
- Use critical thinking & analytical skills to analyze complex data sets to make decisions to beat client goals .
- Troubleshoot campaign challenges.
- Implementing campaign optimizations within the DSPs.
- Working across multiple technology platforms including DSPs, Internal BI, Ad servers & Attribution, Brand safety etc.
- Client Reporting & optimization commentary.
- Delivery & incremental forecasting.
Project Management: Staying focused and contributing to projects. Organizing stakeholders and multiple milestones
- Provide avails, pricing, and strategy recommendations for new campaigns.
- Partnering with the other members of the trading team to enhance internal tools & processes.
- Feedback & test new Trading products to help drive future enhancements
Internal Collaboration: Working with internal stakeholders, building relationships, and working across differences to find solutions
- Building great relationships with the sales & account management team on your commercial pod
- Working with other commercial teams to deliver custom client solutions
Communication: Crisp and clear communication to external partners/clients or internal stakeholders; flexing communication style to persuade others and influence positive outcomes
- Explaining strategy & optimizations to internal & external partners
- Articulating to clients how MiQ’s Trading technology & expertise sets us apart.
Innovation: Acting with curiosity. Finds new and better ways of working, then applies or implements solutions to unarticulated needs, new or existing market requirements. Open to receiving and trying new ideas, processes or ways of working.
- Trading innovation is the human intelligence behind our campaigns that help us to exceed performance goals.
- Using MiQ’s proprietary technology to create bespoke campaign setups & custom algorithms
- Analytical skills are essential
- The ability to work with large datasets in Excel and BI tools
- A start-up mind-set
- Attention to detail
- Accomplished communicator
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate within a team environment
- Great time management skills
- Motivated – You bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the table
- Determined – You always find a way to ‘figure it out’
- A Problem Solver – You are excited by challenging problems and you enjoy working though complex solutions.
- Energetic – You enjoy building relationships and bring passion to whatever you do
- Always learning – You know what you know and what you don’t, and are always looking to those around you to teach you something new.
- Alignment with MiQ’s core values
- A can-do attitude, approaching your responsibilities with energy, drive and enthusiasm
- A dream to grow your career as the company scales
WHO WE ARE
We’re MiQ, a programmatic media partner for marketers and agencies. We connect data from multiple sources to do interesting, exciting, business-problem-solving things for our clients. We’re experts in data science, analytics and programmatic trading, and we’re always ready to react and solve challenges quickly, to make sure our clients are always spending their media investments on the right things in the right places.
Our business keeps growing and our company keeps getting better because we keep hiring smart new people.
People who can challenge conventions and shake things up. People who want to connect with people all over the world to make great things happen. People who are as excited by the opportunities of programmatic marketing as us.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
WORKING AT MIQ
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
Inclusion and diversity are core values at MiQ. Ensuring that we have a workplace which is safe and comfortable for everyone and embraces different ideas, different positions, and different people from all backgrounds is critically important to us. We are looking for passionate and determined people to join our team.
If you are open to sharing a bit more about yourself we greatly appreciate people taking the time to self-identify through the EEOC section of the application. This information ensures that we are able to capture an accurate picture of our candidate pool, helping us to design and drive recruitment strategies to help us build a diverse workforce.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Whether you choose to complete it or not, your decision will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will remain confidential.
BENEFITS & PERKS – US MARKET
- Health benefits – covering medical, dental, vision with HSA and FSA options
- Company paid basic life and long-term disability plans
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- A Nursing Mother’s Program
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays
- Tax Free Benefits (Commuter/Health/Dependent Care)
- Inter-office travel opportunities and a company-sponsored trip (ask us about this!)
- Continuous education and training
- An open office and casual work atmosphere
Equal Opportunity Employer