Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Product Specialist in Shelton, CT.
Pre-and Post-Sales Technical & Applications Expertise & Support:
- Primary lead on all pre-sales applications inquiries:
- Will require competitive knowledge to educate sales on best configurations and take both competitive and technical factors into consideration.
- Support key accounts well to leverage into case studies
- Applications laboratory logistics including:
- Coordinate logistics of in-coming samples to be run
- Sample reports
- Laboratory upkeep
- Work with logistics when shipping laboratory and/or demo equipment
- In partnership with Territory/Regional Sales Management responsible for performing Virtual/On-site demo and/or WebEx as required
- Presenting at seminars and/or conferences as required including:
- Writing abstracts and creating presentations
- Collaborate on technical marketing material including:
- Case studies
- Post-sales documentation (Install SOPs, Quick Start guides, etc.)
- Input on technical aspects of marketing campaigns and content creation
- Best fit configurations based on application
- Facilitate data collection from labs
- Organization of applications resources for independence and future on-boarding:
- Documentation of application info
- Archiving of documents, videos, reports, etc.
- Service partnership to help troubleshoot and conclude escalated problem accounts
- Contribute to training of the Sales and Service Teams
- Technical training on products
- Development of competitive material for Sales
- Training of Service Team for effective installations
- Strong liaison with SRL’s Apps Team
- Providing training on applications support
- Developing and Compiling product info
Applications Support in Laboratory Logistics & Internal/External Customer Education
- Performs in house virtual demonstrations to customers. Post-COVID, and in partnership with the Territory Managers performs on-site demonstrations as required.
- Coordinates in-coming samples to be run, generating sample reports, and laboratory maintenance.
- Partners with operations in shipping laboratory and/or demo equipment.
- Presents at seminars and/or conferences as required including writing abstracts and creating presentations.
- Collaborates on technical marketing material including case studies, post-sales documentation (i.e., Install SOPs, Quick Start guides, etc.).
- Organizes applications resources for independence and future internal employee on-boarding (i.e., documentation of application info, and archiving of documents, videos, reports, etc.
Partnership with Marketing to Drive Mercury and other Product Lines
- In partnership with sales, marketing and senior management, develops an overall go-to-market plan.
- Represents the “voice of the customer” for aligning product value with customer needs and pain points, and communicate feature value and market drivers, in support of the sales and marketing functions. As such, the individual plays a key role in developing market-facing messaging for the product.
- Partners with marketing to create copy and competitive marketing collateral that speaks to potential mercury line customers including technical writing for industry reports, articles, and white papers.
- Provides input on technical aspects of marketing campaigns and content creation including best fit configurations based on application and facilitates data collection from labs.
- Utilizes industry knowledge to support marketing in building a viable customer database that results in lead activity/generation resulting in virtual demonstrations to customers and ultimately unit sales.
Specific Attributes and Skillset Required:
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry or related field preferred with 3-5 years’ technical experience in the Digestion product line.
- If experience is in a different product line, there must be demonstrated capability to learn various instruments mercury and digestion lines in full.
- Previous lab experience is desirable; if currently working in a lab, with environmental experience; experience as a bench chemist would need to have the outward-facing skills listed below.
- Must be strong in interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated success with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging presentations at all levels of expertise (i.e., academic, sales, and service customers)
- Must possess a keen desire to learn the business/marketing side of product management.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage competing demands.
- Occasional travel to support key accounts, demos, or sales application.
- Location Shelton, CT
- Direct Hire
- Pay is depending on experience.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
- Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.