This Program Assistant for Alumni and Student Programs will provide administrative support as part of a team that develops and implements strategies to connect and engage alumni and students. This person will interact regularly with alumni, donors, students, faculty, staff, and other constituents. Key attributes for success are to be a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will exercise initiative, sound judgment, creativity and discretion in performing assigned work, anticipating and addressing concerns, responding to information requests and accurately organizing and maintaining files and database records.
- Assist in planning and executing alumni events and activities. Prepare and ship materials for events.
- Update content and graphics on the Mizzou Alumni Association website. Manage online registrations for various alumni events and activities.
- Utilize Microsoft and Adobe software products to independently design, print, and distribute invitations, newsletters, fliers, nametags, signs, forms, and e-mails.
- Utilize specialized software to design and distribute broadcast emails for large alumni populations.
- Provide on-site and other support for office-side activities and events as needed.
- Prepare and submit documents to pay bills following internal and University accounting practices.
- Reconcile budget reports and maintain records of financial transactions.
- Provide assistance with inquiries from alumni, volunteers, staff, and students in person and by phone.
- Positively promote Mizzou Alumni Association membership and programs through all communication.
$13.50 – $16.50 per hour
University Title: Office Support Assistant III
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This position will be located in office in Reynolds Alumni Center, Columbia MO.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including proficiency with Excel and mail merge.
• Good business writing, editing and proofing skills.
• Excellent customer and communication skills.
• Critical thinking skills and an ability to evaluate projects and identify opportunities for efficiencies.
• Demonstrated ability to confidently handle multiple detailed tasks simultaneously and work under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks while remaining adaptable.
• Ability to learn new technologies including Advance (alumni database), PeopleSoft (financial database), and iModules (website host and mass e-mail tool). Knowledge of these programs is a plus.
Founded in 1839, the University of Missouri is the oldest public university west of the Mississippi River. MU provides all the benefits of two universities in one: It is a major land-grant institution with a statewide mission of service to citizens, as well as, Missouri’s largest public research university. Considered one of the nation’s top-tier institutions, Mizzou is one of only 34 public universities, and the only public institution in Missouri, to be selected for membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities.
Mizzou Advancement emphasizes talent acquisition and professional development in service to our overall mission of enhancing private support of the University of Missouri. As a result, the division continues to attract top talent from around the country. Comprising 180 staff members with a presence across the United States and around the world, Mizzou Advancement announced the $1.3 billion Mizzou: Our Time to Lead campaign in October 2015. At its conclusion in 2020, it was the most successful philanthropic campaign in the University’s history, at over $1.4 billion.
At Mizzou Advancement, we celebrate our diverse community of donors, alumni, staff, and friends. We are committed to taking bold steps to create an inclusive culture where everyone is seen, heard, and valued. Our team is continually learning and growing on our journey to embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. We believe that diversity of views, informed by a breadth of life experiences, help us to understand our humanity more deeply and improve our service to mankind. Our efforts to be inclusive must be intentional and thoughtful, so that we might realize the full benefit of the diversity we seek to build within Advancement. Together we are stronger. Together we are better. Together we are Mizzou Advancement.