Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues strong, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Summer Analyst Program Overview
The Risk Management Summer Analyst Program at MUFG is designed to help you learn how we maintain a disciplined approach to identifying, assessing, managing, reporting, and mitigating risks.
Our 10-week Summer Analyst Program begins in early June and is structured to provide rising seniors with hands-on experience and business exposure in the world of Risk Management. You will be placed in a specific group that allows you to concentrate and quickly develop the skills and knowledge required to become an integral part of the team. You will work alongside MUFG professionals at all levels who will serve as your instructors and mentors. Interns also have the opportunity to attend learning sessions led by Americas Risk Management professionals in all of the Risk Disciplines at the bank. Our program is designed to help you experience just what it’s like to work within the risk management organization.
You will be assigned to the following Risk Management Business Unit for the duration of the program.
Operational Risk Management
The Summer Analyst program provides an excellent opportunity to learn the Operational Risk Management (ORM) Second Line of Defense risk discipline and related activities. It will focus on one of the following ORM risk sub-types: Information Risk, Business Continuity Risk, Data Governance, Third Party, Sales Practices, Product and Services, Change Management, Fraud, or Transaction Processing. The analyst will provide support in one of the three main functions within ORM: analytics & reporting, risk governance, and review & challenge.
Support & Guidance
Your assigned mentor/manager will provide goals and professional development guidance and conduct performance reviews as a commitment to our summer analysts. You will also have the opportunity to network with employees across different business groups and at all levels of the organization. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will know who you are and will see the work you do. You will leave with a better understanding of the world of risk management.
At the end of the program, the opportunity exists to receive an offer for full time employment upon graduation. This offer may be within another area of risk management than your internship assignment.
- Operational Risk Management
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an anticipated graduation date between December 2022 – June 2023
- 3.0 GPA or higher preferred
- Strong interest in Banking/Financial Services/Risk Management
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Business, finance, economics, accounting, risk management, computer science, actuarial science, data analytics, statistics, management information systems, or other quantitative and related fields
- Strong academic standing with coursework related to accounting, finance, risk management, financial modeling preferred
- Must have analytics skill/experience with a focus on gathering, cleansing, understanding, and presenting data in a meaningful manner; must be able to analyze trends/data and generate meaningful reports
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and independently; interpret data, draw conclusions, and present findings effectively
- Detailed oriented, with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and build & manage relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Suite proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Python, R, SAS training or experience
- US work authorization
- Experience with statistical, quantitative, and aggregation methodologies
- Expertise in any of the following: Tableau, database design and implementation, statistics, quantitative modeling, and/or storytelling
- Participation in academic clubs related to finance, investing, or accounting; volunteer, professional, or academic club experiences that demonstrate leadership
- Previous professional or academic experience showing demonstrated use of finance or accounting principles
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis
- Certifications related to programming, risk management, or accounting a plus
- Prior internships within banking/financial industry or with a Big 4 accounting firm a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.