The Debt Free Justice Campaign
The Debt Free Justice Campaign (“Campaign”) is a national collective impact campaign dedicated to ending court fees and fines assessed on youth and their families. Our work extends across the US in numerous states and local jurisdictions to change court practices, end the assessment of fees and fines, and the collection of previously assessed fees and fines. The National Center for Youth Law (NCYL) is a member of the Debt Free Justice Steering Committee, which is a collaboration of partner organizations, and the Campaign Leadership Team, which is comprised of representatives from organizations nationwide.
The Campaign Coordinator will support NCYL’s work as a member of the Debt Free Justice Steering Committee, including national expansion of the Campaign. This person is responsible for building relationships with national partner and then coordinating advocacy between NCYL and these partners to accelerate reform, as well as identifying reform opportunities and building relationships with new partners nationally. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, resourceful individual to join a high functioning team that works with a diverse group of youth and community partners.
· Lead national multi-state campaign to abolish fines and fees in collaboration with two other Campaign Coordinators.
· Manage the growth of the campaign in collaboration with campaign partners.
· Identify new strategic advocacy opportunities and ensure that current efforts continue to move forward.
· Represent NCYL on the Steering Committee, Leadership Board and other national and state convenings.
· Coordinate and build relationships with grass roots organization, community groups and external partners.
· Develop and oversee campaign events, such as conferences, youth convenings, webinars, and listening sessions.
· Produce high quality written Campaign materials.
· Ensure community voice and advocacy for racial justice are integrated in the Campaign.
· Foster, cultivate, and preserve a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the Campaign.
· Manage and inform data collection process to support the campaign.
· Manage consultants and other vendors.