Simulator Systems Engineering (SSE) is a multi-site unit within the Naval Training and Simulation (NTS) Department. This posting is for an Entry Level Electrical Engineer that will work out of the Bettis Site. The successful candidate will primarily work in an agile team oriented environment to develop and maintain new training platforms. Some of the duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, and test PLC based systems.
- Drafting technical requirements documents outlining the functionality of each trainer.
- Draft technical specifications that will go out to bid to design and build each trainer. This effort translates the functional requirements of each trainer into technical requirements.
- Review and disposition supplier electrical design submittals to validate designs based on technical requirements.
- Respond to supplier requests for information addressing technical questions of scope.
- Support on-site installation activities and hardware inspections of installed trainers.
- Support development of test platforms that make up a subset of each trainer to allow for hardware/software integration and testing prior to delivery of each trainer.
- Interface with project, software, and test team members to ensure project objectives are being met.
- Draft, verify and/or validate trainer user manuals and operations and maintenance manuals that are required to be turned over to the end user on delivery of the trainers
Required Skills *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience
- BS Degree or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience with PLC and other control systems
- Experience with 3D modeling and system design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills