This challenging and exciting position supports state-of-the-art high-fidelity control room simulation equipment that is used by the United States Navy to develop and maintain the operational readiness of its deployed sailors. In this position the selected candidate will support deployment on new trainers, life-cycle support of existing trainers, which includes both hardware and software updates, and the testing and certification of the trainers before use. While infrequent, this position will require some travel to the Navy bases where the equipment is deployed. In this position the successful candidate will work with all aspects of the simulation platforms, including instrumentation and controls, simulation and modeling, software testing and certification, plant operations procedures, preventive and corrective maintenance, computer networking, and documentation.
Additionally, the NNL standard for Associate and Intermediate Engineers include the following: Perform engineering evaluations and analyses, and make engineering decisions for all aspects of assigned tasks. Cognizant areas may include planning, designing, modeling, analyzing, documenting, and testing of nuclear, mechanical, structural or electrical components, systems and equipment and facilities. Work may include chemical or materials evaluations, design reviews, operations support, safety analysis, engineering methods and software development, and analysis of vendor’s procedures and systems for quality control or manufacturing surveillance.
Required Skills *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience
- BS Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- GPA of 3.3 or above
- Good written communication skills with an ability to articulate technical ideas in a clear & concise manner
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication that will be essential in the candidate’s ability to contribute effectively in a teaming environment