If you are a Mechanical Engineer that has a strong interest in mechanical design, manufacturing, and testing, and desire a career opportunity working in one of the most prestigious programs in the world that supports the U.S. Navy, consider applying today!
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is a mission driven organization delivering the most capable Navy in the world. In this position, you would have the opportunity to work in one of the organizations responsible for the technology development, design, servicing, and fleet support functions of nuclear powered aircraft carriers and submarines. The successful candidate will work in a team environment to design naval assets, such as the next generation naval nuclear propulsion plant and the equipment necessary to support this effort. This could include:
- development of improved manufacturing processes to improve cost and decrease development span times
- analysis and testing of new naval nuclear propulsion technologies
- development of new simulators to train Sailors
- design of servicing facility equipment
- design and support of primary and secondary systems including support of the existing Naval Fleet
The diversity in job opportunities and collective expertise of the community at NNL provides engineers the opportunity to continue gaining technical skills and broadening their experience throughout their careers while tackling exciting and challenging assignments.
As a national asset, NNL provides employees with excellent pay and benefits as well as excellent work/life balance and employment stability.
Required Skills *
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in Mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience.
Strong academic performance. Ability to work on an individual assignment as well as being a member of a small team. Experience working in a team environment with interface groups such as mechanical design, manufacturing, and test/experiment design and execution. Demonstrated Leadership skills. Experience in writing technical reports or engineering evaluations. Previous co-op or intern experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Willingness to be trained to learn new skills as needed.