Project Management Services (PMS) is a multi-site unit that provides project management support to all NNL. The primary services provided by PMS are Direct Project Management Support and Consulting for organizations the lack PM resources or skills, PM training and knowledge sharing for all NNL, and management and implementation of PM tools and infrastructure. This is a dynamic environment that supports changing business needs on a regular basis. A successful candidate will provide project analysis services to internal customers in a variety of business areas.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Develop detailed project plans, risk management plans, integrated schedules to support resource loading and earned value techniques.
• Prepare and maintain project reports including the development of dashboards and metrics.
• Prepare and analyze budget, cost, and labor estimates and actual costs for assigned projects.
• Support control of project performance by developing and reporting metrics, assessing recommended change control requests and processing if approved, and coordinating the development of periodic performance assessments.
• Coordinate and facilitate project meetings.
• Provide application ownership and maintenance to PM software such as Primavera and a future Enterprise Portfolio Management system.
Required Skills *
• Associate: BS or BA degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
• Intermediate: BS or BA degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or related discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or Masters Degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Required at either level: Proficiency with MS Excel.
• Ability to evaluate project performance and create performance metrics
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with scheduling software such as MS Project or Primavera
• Knowledge or experience managing Linux server applications
• Knowledge or experience managing Oracle database applications
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with a high attention to detail
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher