Are you interested in the use of simulation technology in training applications? Are you looking for a challenging position at a company with excellent benefits, great work/life balance, and job stability? If so, you’re in luck!
The Simulation Engineering & Programs – Integration Group is leading the way in developing the next generation of simulation technology for the nuclear operator to support the training of our sailors. The next generation simulation platforms for the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program will provide increased fidelity, reliability and training effectiveness as compared to today’s platforms. The simulators will expand from control room-centric trainers to platforms supporting both control room and engine room simulated operations (e.g., Engine Room Team Trainers – ERTT and Team/Task Trainers).
An entry level Electrical Engineer position is available to drive this technical advancement in simulation engineering. This position will be involved in developing and maintaining the numerous simulation projects which will be delivered in the next several years. This position will require the successful candidate to work at the various stages of the project; from initial conceptual design through ultimate installation and lifecycle support at the Kesselring Site. They will be responsible for interfacing with multiple suppliers for approval of the conceptual design, supporting installation and testing, and ultimately lifecycle sustainment of the simulation platforms.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Reviewing supplier electrical designs to validate designs based on the technical requirements. This will require familiarity with the technical specification, plant technical manuals and operating procedures.
- Responding to supplier requests for additional information and engineering changes.
- Interfacing with suppliers and performing oversight of supplier manufacturing and testing.
- Supporting on-site installation activities and hardware inspections of installed trainers.
- Development and implementation of PLC I/O based control systems
- Troubleshooting PLC I/O based control systems
- Coordinating lifecycle sustainment efforts, including spare parts, documentation, and maintenance for PLC I/O based control systems.
- Drafting, verifying and/or validating trainer user manuals and operations and maintenance manuals required for trainer operation and support.
Required Skills *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience
- BS Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code requirements
- Experience with 3D modeling, mechanical/electrical design, and PLC systems
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Strong written and verbal communication skills