Are you an experienced software engineer looking for a challenging lead position at a company with an honorable mission? A company with excellent and competitive benefits, great work/life balance, and job stability? If so, look no further. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking a lead software engineer to join our growing software development team. NNL develops the world’s best nuclear propulsion systems, trains Sailors to operate them, and provides full lifecycle support, from technology development through design to disposal. As a lead software engineer, you will be responsible for leading a team that creates client/server and web-based in-house applications that are installed onboard Navy submarines and aircraft carriers. You will play a primary leadership role in the design, development, implementation, test, management, and maintenance of these applications. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: developing high quality code, remediating vulnerabilities according to cybersecurity principles, performing unit testing with attention to detail, and publishing engineering documentation including architectural diagrams and technical specifications.
We proudly offer:
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience, which includes excellent health, dental, and vision benefits; 401k with company match; and paid vacation/holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement for those looking to further their education in a company-sponsored degree program.
Required Skills *
You will be considered for this position if you qualify under one of the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience; or
- Master of Science degree in Engineering or Master’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Expertise in software engineering practices and software lifecycle models.
- Expertise with Dev/Ops environments and Continuous Integration strategies.
- Experience in developing automated unit tests.
- Experience with database architectures.
- Previous experience leading a team