New Women Space is seeking a part-time, temporary intern for a 3-month placement. This internship will take place both in-house & remotely. The intern reports to Michelle Alerte.
How To Apply: Send a cover letter describing your skills and why you are interested in an internship with New Women Space and a resume to email@example.com Subject: Fall Internship.
New Women Space (NWS) is a vibrant and affirming community-led event space centered on gender equity, creative expression and celebration of identity. Our mission is to build strong relationships, create economic opportunity and inspire possibility for women, femme, queer, transgender and gender nonconforming individuals in an accessible, supportive, safer space. The space has existed for 4 years starting as a 30 day pop up.
NWS generates revenue and maintains its operations through the following activities:
• Sustaining Memberships
• Space Rental
• Retail Store
• Event Cafe
All of these are areas in which interns will work.
Scope of Duties
• Support social media content and strategy.
• Support day-to-day operations of the space, including co-working, event rentals, and in-house
• Fill a variety of roles related to event planning and coordination with rental clients.
• Help with inventory, restocking, and organizing of café and retail areas.
• MS word, Excel, and Canva skills
• Attention to detail in the physical day-to-day management of a dynamic events space
• Ability to adapt and creatively problem solve
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Commitment to and respect for justice work related to gender, race, sexual orientation, ability, immigration status, age, etc.
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Interest in working with people and processes
• Willingness to learn, fail, and be open to feedback and change
• Free entry to all NWS virtual and IRL events.
• Real world experience on running a small business.
• Mentorship within a business centered on gender equity, inclusion, and community building.
• This is a part-time internship for up to 12 hours/week for University credits. No benefits are provided.