Care Coordinator (Adolescent and Young Adult Behavioral Health)
US-CA-Castro Valley, Pleasanton, Sunol, Type Full-Time, Part-Time
Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part of a team that’s dedicated to providing compassionate care based in authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love—and experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young people and their families each and every day.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families.®
$600 Sign on Bonus!
The primary purpose of this role is to provide supervision for our clients and to ensure their safety while building a rapport with them. This includes providing assistance to each client in working with a group and in handling individual problems; responsibility for setting of limits for behavior; creating documentation of the clients progress; identifying the possible need for professional services and communications of such findings to professional staff.
*This position does offer future growth opportunities. Full-Time , Part-Time. Several shifts available 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am, including weekend shifts.
- Responsible for being aware of where all assigned clients are and what they are doing at all times. When assigned to a one-to-one with a client, the requirement is to have eyes on the client at all times during the assigned period. If observing a client leaving the premises, the expectation is to follow them until further assistance can be provided.
- Facilitate all outpatient programming daily schedule including participating in, and providing support to clients, to include but not limited to, activities such as chores, deep clean of designated space, meal service, and clean-up. A key component is to provide transportation of clients in the morning at pick up locations, as well as for community outings in company vehicle in a safe and legal manner.
- Practice compliance with all policies, record keeping requirements, checklist assignments, assigned documentation, and any other assigned duties.
- Remain current and up to date on all trainings and certifications required to maintain employment with Newport Academy.
- Performs all duties as assigned by Lead CC and Clinical Director. These tasks may include assistant with the operation of the facility.
- H.S. Degree or GED required; bachelor’s level degree in psychology, counseling or sociology preferred.
- Prior work experience in other behavioral health treatment settings with adolescents a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for insurance coverage for driving the company’s vehicles.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, lift and move constantly during working hours. The incumbent must be able to see and hear and have the mobility to access the house/campus which may include long distances or uneven terrain. The employee must be constantly alert for client safety.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Share on your newsfeed