General Description: Niagara County Community College is seeking a Full-time, ten-month, term (tenure track) Nursing Assistant Professor for Nursing & Allied Health division. The incumbent will be responsible for teaching Maternity and Pediatrics content in classroom, clinical, and lab settings as needed in the College’s Associate Degree Nursing (RN) program. Will also be responsible for student advisement, and participation in divisional and college activities. Assignments may be during day, evening or weekend hours.
Typical Work Activities:
• Teach and advise students in the Nursing program
• Recruit and retain students in the Nursing program
• Actively participate as a member of a committee, representing the Nursing and Allied Health division
• Attend and participate in division meetings
• Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Functions: Ability to interact, communicate and work with and teach a diverse student population. Ability to advise students for classes, transfer options and career advice in the field. Ability to be an active member in the division and serve on committees representing the division. Ability to speak in front of groups of people. Must be able to effectively communicate with students, co-workers, supervisors and the campus community. Must be able to develop, prepare and present information. Must able to operate computers. Must be able to physically perform the duties of the position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Proof that one has completed all requirements for a Master’s of Science with a major in Nursing within 18 months of starting the position
• Current Registered Nurse license;
• Recent (within 5 years) nursing clinical experience or teaching experience in nursing.
• Master’s degree in Nursing
• Classroom, lab, or clinical teaching experience in a nursing program in a community college
• Teaching or clinical experience in a technology-enhanced classroom
• Experience using a course management system such as Blackboard