Job Title: Research Data Associate
The New York University Grossman School of Medicine’s Department of Population Health is leading an exciting federally funded initiative to understand factors that contribute to improving engagement in the CDC proven digital diabetes prevention program. This project seeks to set the standard for how data from new digital behavior change interventions are integrated into the electronic health record and clinical workflow. The project leverages an NIH funded prototype integration tool that is now being optimized with the goal of conducting a large-scale hybrid effectiveness/implementation study. Ongoing activities include piloting of the new tool within the NYULMC ambulatory primary care network and partnering with digital health companies to determine best practices. The initiative is led by Devin Mann MD, MHS and Katharine Lawrence MD, MPH, both faculty in the Department of Population Health. The position will be based in the Division of Healthcare Delivery Science in the Department of Population Health, a dynamic learning environment focused on improving patient safety and outcomes.
The individual in this position will support research design, study management, data collection, data analysis and results dissemination. He/She will work as part of a team to initiate, conduct, and manage recruitment for the research study, which include working with providers and clinical staff, assisting with medical chart reviews, virtual patient screening, outreach activities, and more. The successful candidate will have a high degree of professional maturity, commitment to excellence, independence, flexibility, and initiative, and will possess the ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals, teams, and populations both internally and externally.
- Support recruitment and enrollment of research subjects according to study protocol
- Screen participants for eligibility for research study
- Ensure accurate execution of research protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA, and required obligations to patient/subject, Principal Investigator (PI), research team, and the sponsor
- Organize meetings and facilitate communication of the research team. Prepare agenda and minutes for team meetings.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the project
- Attend project staff meetings as needed
- Project management, timeline development, and tracking task completion.
- Contribute to submission of grant-mandated deliverables, interim reports, financial reports and progress updates and participate in preparation of these reports.
- Compile and consolidate data and conduct preliminary analyses for presentation to sponsoring agencies and scientific community.
- Perform data collection, quantitative and/or qualitative analysis and interpretation of results for projects.
- Collect patient information from electronic health record (EHR) and other data sources for the research project.
- Perform detailed EHR chart review to ensure accuracy and completeness of data
- Conduct literature searches and reviews on topics relevant to research project.
- Assist with the preparation, editing, formatting and submission of manuscripts and other materials for dissemination.
- Prepare presentations for lectures or posters for conferences, utilizing PowerPoint.
- Interfaces with varied persons, such as, School of Medicine and or Medical Center staff (e.g. physicians, nurses) and partners at other institutions.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public health or related discipline OR Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience.
- Experience in conducting human subjects research especially in patient recruitment and retention
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and work and communicate effectively with both internal and external collaborators. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to manage time, multi task and prioritize work.
- Familiarity with health services and population health research.
- Bonus: experience with EHR clinical data, chart review, and/or qualitative research.