We’re looking for a Junior Developer with no work experience necessary, to join our software team. Our company is experiencing unprecedented growth and we need more capacity.
We provide a technology platform to hedge funds, mostly in the New York area, who collectively manage over 40 billion dollars of assets using our software. They trade a gamut of marketable securities from equities to futures to mortgage-backed securities and credit default swaps. Our platform is built using cutting edge Microsoft technologies, including SQL databases and message queues, a .net middle-tier, web front-end and a report-writer built ground-up for the web with drag-and-drop slice/dice features.
Here’s more of what we are looking for:
- You need to be absolutely passionate about creating software systems. You’ve probably been doing this as a hobby, and maybe professionally too, and love producing great technical solutions to complex problems.
- You’re driven. Tomorrow is not another day. You’d rather find solutions now, and always look forward to the next challenge.
- You have (or are completing) a 4 year college degree with a good grade in math. You are already relatively fluent in .net/java and SQL.
- You don’t want to be a number. You want to make a difference. We’re a small company, so every person counts.
You’d be an even better fit (but these are not pre-requisites) if:
- You’re particularly interested in finance and some of the complex derivatives that drive Wall Street.
- You have some exposure to accounting. Exposure to any trading or portfolio systems would be really nice – but not necessary.
- You have an appreciation for systems design and architecture.
- You have programmed something “cool” in the past that you’re really proud of, which you could talk about or better, give a demo.
What the job entails:
Initially, you’ll be starting from the bottom, as you learn how we work and what our product does. Specifically, we need immediate help creating interfaces between our system and the investment banks that we deal with, and this involves mapping fields and structuring data files to get things to work. And of course interacting with people internally and externally to get the job done. Later, as you grow, the work involves hands-on coding, analysis, design, testing, working with users, helping solve customer problems, supporting sales activities, and pretty much anything technological that can help the company.
This will really depend on expertise and fit. We expect to be in the range from $50K to $60K annually, plus medical and benefits.