Provides superior customer service to bank customers and potential customers in addition to cross-selling the bank’s products and services.
1. As a critical team member, must be reliable, dependable and maintain a high degree of flexibility.
2. Greets customers and processes requested transactions accurately.
3. Identifies customer needs and cross-sale opportunities and refers customers to CSR for assistance.
4. Balances and proves cash drawer and journals daily. In addition, attends to Night Deposit, Vault, ATM, Coin Machine duties.
Typical Job Duties
1. Processes deposits and withdrawals.
2. Cashes checks in accordance with Bank’s policy.
3. Processes loan payments and other receivables.
4. Issues money orders and gift checks, travelers checks, and cashiers checks.
5. Processes payments to various “club” accounts.
6. Cross-sells the Bank’s products and services on a routine basis.
7. Balances and proves work daily, posting as required, and properly secures related receipts and records. Includes the work of cash drawers, night deposit, vault, ATM and coin machines.
8. Processes incoming mail transactions.
9. Answers customer inquires received in person or by telephone concerning savings or loan accounts or transactions or refers customer to appropriate branch or Bank area.
10. Performs account maintenance activities for active, inactive, and closed savings accounts and/or club accounts.
11. Provides records maintenance for signature cards; identification cards; comparable office records, including selected account ledgers, as applicable.
1. This position requires a minimum of 1-year prior cash handling and previous teller related experience is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. This position also requires excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, with the ability to focus on customers needs promptly in a courteous and professional manner, be detail oriented and highly accurate and have the ability to multi-task.
3. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, stretch, reach, squat or be mobile, frequently for extended periods of time.
4. Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
5. This position also requires knowledge of standard office equipment including adding machines, calculators, PC literacy, and basic typing skills.
6. May need to travel to other branch locations or company headquarters, as needed. Frequency dictated by branch management and open to daily requests and modifications. Requires maintaining a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for use in the course of the job.
7. Branch Network is open to customers on average 65 hours per week, no hours on Sunday. Must be able to work flexible schedules in accordance with the needs of the branch. As a critical team member, attendance must be reliable and dependable, with minimal unscheduled absences.
8. For the respect of our customers and staff, professional dress, hygiene and appearance is expected at all times. Refer to corporate dress code.
9. A clean and safe appearance of branch facilities must be maintained at all times.
10. For multi-level facilities, in the event of emergency, must be able to maneuver stairs.
11. All bank positions require maintaining personal fiscal responsibility.
Internal and External Contacts
Heavy customer contact, both in person and by telephone. Frequent contact with other Branch personnel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity