As a Registered Nurse on staff you are responsible for the medical evaluation of potential donors for automated plasmapheresis procedures. You will confirm donor suitability in a timely manner, consulting with a donor center physician as needed. You will provide limited emergency care including the administration of any medications or treatments in accordance with your certification, training and standard operating procedures.
Additional responsibilities of the RN role include:
- Determining donor suitability of new applicants
- Conducting evaluations to ensure criteria of normal plasma donors are met
- Reviews medical histories and performs physical examinations
- Maintains communication logs regarding any communications with the licensed physician regarding donor suitability
- Reviews all normal and abnormal test results and determines continued donor eligibility
- Counsels donors with abnormal test results and defers donors accordingly