Glen Cove Center for Nursing has an opportunity for a Dietitian.
Our Dietitian will report to our Chief Clinical Dietitian
Our Dietitian manages the nutritional care, support, and education for our residents.
Serves as liaison between nursing and dietary disciplines.
Serves as the nutrition resource within the facility.
Maintains policies, procedures and credentials.
- Keeps lines of communication open between the Nursing and Dietary Department.
- Interprets physician diet orders and modifies diet according to diet patterns and patient preferences
- Interview’s patients assigned and document pertinent information on the appropriate nutrition documentation forms
- Instructs patients in diet principles and restrictions per physician diet order and documents pertinent information
- Provides substitutions if the patient is unable to eat the meal provided, in accordance with diet restrictions and MD order.
- Plans between-meal nourishments for residents as necessary
- Relates information on assigned residents to food production staff and Dietary Aides.
- Completes daily calorie counts when ordered or initiated
- Completes a nutritional assessment on patients receiving a tube feeding or parenteral nutrition
- Computes the nutritional value of recipes when necessary
- Completes diet histories for nutritional assessment on specific patients
- Evaluates appropriateness of diet order for diagnosis and recommends diet order changes as indicated
- Maintains updated and necessary resident education materials and nutrition references and textbooks
- Participates in the development of policies and programs directed toward resident and family education
- Participates in patient care plan meetings as requested or deemed necessary, and Dietary Department meetings
Knowledge of SIGMA Care preferred
Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related major • Registered Dietitian, • Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems • Customer service, good interpersonal communication skills