· At PSTA, marketing is about understanding people and building awareness about how our services benefit the community and meet our customer’s needs. We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented marketing assistant who is eager to make an impact on the community in a rewarding role.
· The marketing assistant will support the work of the Communications & Marketing team on projects directed at executing successful marketing campaigns. This work is a critical factor for the smooth operation of the Communications & Marketing department and the attainment of its goals, as well as the long-term growth of the agency.
· Prepare, distribute, and maintain documents, reports, and files to support the department.
· Coordinate ordering, receipt, and distribution of departmental purchases.
· Update spreadsheets, databases, and inventories with statistical, financial, and non-financial information.
· Assist with the organizing of promotional events such as press conferences, community markets, St. Pete Pride parade, etc., and attend them to facilitate their success.
· Assist with the planning and implementation of traditional and digital marketing campaigns.
· Assist with updating PSTA web pages in support of marketing campaigns.
· Submit ideas for experimental marketing programs designed to enhance and grow the PSTA brand.
· Present monthly finance and budget report to the Director of Communications & Marketing.
· Proofread documents and creative materials.
· Create and maintain organized calendaring and documentation of projects including marketing plans, work assignments, debriefs, etc.
· Keep and update notes from department, project, and campaign meetings.
· Conduct research online and in archived paper files.
· Plan and manage meetings by identifying contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists.
· Track inventory of office supplies, event supplies, promotional items, and bus schedules, and coordinate re-orders as needed.
· Assist with booking travel and organizing documents needed for department trips.
· Oversee the physical organization of the Communications and Marketing department.
· Further knowledge and education regularly through workshops, research, and seminars, and share best practices and local marketing ideas and tactics with the team.
· Maintain a directory and inventory of marketing materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed
· Maintain department intranet (SharePoint).
· Perform additional duties as assigned to assist the Marketing Manager and Director of Communications & Marketing.
· Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. with supplemental courses or training in administrative studies, business administration, marketing, or other related field. Completion or pursuit of a college degree will be favored.
· Experience: 1-3 years’ experience performing a variety of administrative duties, including the operation of standard office equipment (i.e. personal computer) and Microsoft Office.
· License Requirement: Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of: Office management as well as marketing and communications principles. Proofreading standards for documents and creative materials.
· Skilled in: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and complete assignments with tight deadlines. Use of personal computers with spreadsheet and word processing software (Microsoft Excel and Word). Formatting documents. Basic mathematical computations. Proper telephone etiquette, courteously greeting the public. Good interpersonal, customer service, and listening skills. Ability to communicate with executives and elected officials. Team-oriented attitude.
· Abilities: Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff. Take initiative and work independently. Cultural competence and inclusivity are a must.
Pay range: $17.69 – $22.12
PSTA offers great training and career development opportunities. Learn more here:
PSTA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, or other protected status, as established by Federal or State laws.
PSTA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during the application or interview process, please call Human Resources at 727-540-1854.
PSTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace.
Veterans’ Preference – Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority, and certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements in employment by PSTA and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.