· The goal of PSTA marketing is to raise the kind of awareness that can improve ridership and community sentiment. The goal of the marketing project coordinator is to develop and execute the plans and strategies to accomplish that. Serving as the marketing manager’s right hand, a marketing coordinator should stay informed about the market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping strategize and implement marketing, branding, and advertising plans.
· Day to day, he or she will draft reports, create or coordinate content, track results, build relationships with departmental teams, and otherwise support all marketing strategies. He or she acts as the intermediary between creative and account teams.
· Coordinate with PSTA’s internal client accounts and community stakeholders in order to forecast, develop, execute, and evaluate appropriate and cost-effective marketing and communication plans.
· Project manage campaign deliverables, objectives, and timelines communicated to the marketing department while providing instructions for promotion or use.
· Develop marketing plans and tactics to promote and educate residents, visitors and other niche audiences about agency programs, benefits, and initiatives.
· Plan and support special events; provide consultations; work with vendors; perform purchasing and cost analyses.
· Collect and analyze program data to monitor the success of campaigns and events and prepare marketing activity reports to management and internal clients.
· Support the marketing manager in evaluating and establishing the marketing plan and strategy by assembling and analyzing forecasts, setting objectives and updating calendars
· Identify alternative marketing approaches by using various research, including transit market information and analysis to develop and present alternative marketing approaches.
· Submit ideas for experimental marketing programs designed to enhance and grow the PSTA brand.
· Create and maintain organized calendaring and documentation of projects including marketing plans, work assignments, debriefs, etc.
DAILY AND MONTHLY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure usage of corporate logos are according to relevant policies and procedures and that marketing deliverables meet corporate standards.
· Write, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, documents and creative materials, ensuring consistent voice
· Coordinate and maintain department workflows to ensure that tasks are documented and completed.
· Further knowledge and education regularly through workshops, research and seminars, and share best practices and local marketing ideas and tactics with the team.
· Perform additional duties as assigned to assist the Marketing Manager and Director of Communications & Marketing.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related field.
· Experience: 1 – 3 years of experience in marketing.
· License Requirement: Must have a valid Florida Drivers’ license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge: Methods, principles and practices of traditional and digital marketing strategies and practices as well as building and planning marketing plans.
· Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and complete assignments with tight deadlines. Good interpersonal, customer service, and listening skills. Ability to communicate with executives and elected officials. Team-oriented attitude. Skilled in setting an agenda and leading a meeting.
· Abilities: Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. Take initiative and work independently. Cultural competence and inclusivity.
Pay range: $42,560 – 53,200 annually
PSTA offers great training and career development opportunities. Learn more here:
PSTA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, or other protected status, as established by Federal or State laws.
PSTA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during the application or interview process, please call Human Resources at 727-540-1854.
PSTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace.
Veterans’ Preference – Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority, and certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements in employment by PSTA, and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.