Profitero is on the forefront of the eCommerce revolution, providing brands with analytics and insights that help them sell more products on Amazon, Walmart.com and other leading eCommerce sites. We’re more than doubling our eCommerce business every year and looking for smart, driven people to fuel our momentum and help us grow even faster.
As an Accounting Associate, you will be a key member of the Profitero finance team to ensure financial data is captured and reported accurately and timely for the leadership team. An ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, well organized, and have the ability to recommend process changes that are efficient and effective.
This role will begin with a focus on Revenue and Receivables, and has the opportunity to expand quickly as a direct report to the VP Finance.
Role & Responsibilities
- Own the customer revenue recognition and billing process including customer invoicing, and reporting of key revenue and SaaS related metrics
- Partner with the sales and customer success teams to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of customers
- Monitor outstanding receivables and actively follow-up on past due accounts by phone and/or email with the goal of meeting certain financial targets (eg. DSO)
- Provide customers Company related information as requested (Vendor form, W9, proof of insurance, etc)
- Assist with the monthly financial close process
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to the finance and sales teams
- Recent college graduate with accounting degree (Bachelors), or +/- 1 year accounting / accounts receivable experience
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting practices and principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Quickbooks is a plus