SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST / AAC
*MUST HAVE CURRENT CERTIFICATE OF CLINICAL COMPETENCY TO APPLY*
Puddingstone Place is a private treatment center, serving individuals with autism and other disabilities. Our energetic and highly qualified staff provides Speech and Language Diagnosis and Treatment, Occupational Therapy, and ABA services. Our unique therapeutic approach, developed by Boston Children’s Hospital, emphasizes use of visual supports and cutting edge technology to deliver innovative instruction and exceptional outcomes. Puddingstone Place has an exclusive license with Boston Children’s Hospital to deliver this unique program.
- Opportunity for advancement
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
We are seeking highly qualified individuals with experience in providing services to children with autism spectrum related disorders as well as a variety of other disabilities. The ideal candidate will have experience working with this population and coordinating services across disciplines.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Speech & Language Pathologist will be responsible for:
- Performing diagnostic and treatment of communication disorders with focus on persons with autism and other developmental disabilities
- Individually tailored treatment plans reflect an understanding of patients age and situation including a discharge plan.
- Patient status is re-assessed, and treatment plan is modified based on patient progress towards stated goals.
- Diagnostic findings and patient performance are documented in treatment program.
- Documentation is complete, timely, and in accordance with facility and practice guidelines.
- Accurate billing is prepared to reflect care provided to patients.
- Performance improvement opportunities are identified and acted upon as appropriate to implement best practices.
- Additional department, organization or network activities are completed per established objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
To qualify, you must have:
- A Master’s degree in Communication Disorders from an ASHA accredited university program required
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association or meet educational requirements for certification.
- Licensed in Speech-Language Pathology by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2-3 years of directly related clinical experience with persons on the autism spectrum and other developmental disabilities (preferred)
- Experience preforming full Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) evaluations, programming speech generating devices (SGD), and implementing therapy using SGD is required
Job Type: Full-time
Following the CDC guidelines and protocol
Puddingstone Place is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.