Title: Bilingual Licensed Therapist/Clinician
Location: Brooklyn and Manhattan Mental Health Clinics
Hours: 35 Hours Full time
Position Summary: The Bilingual Licensed Clinician will be responsible for providing individual, group, collateral and family psychotherapy as well as crisis intervention for our clients.
- Providing the following direct patient care services in English and Spanish: Intakes; individual, group, collateral and family psychotherapy as well as crisis intervention to an assigned caseload of approximately 45-50 clients.
- Target LOS is 120 per month. Compliance with levels of service of a minimum 30 visits per week/120 per month. Monthly performance based incentives if achieved or go beyond.
- Completion of progress notes for each face-to-face contact within 48 hours. Completion of progress notes for indirect contact with 48 hours. Submission of daily, weekly and monthly statistical forms.
- Timely formulation and documentation of treatment plans and their subsequent reviews every three month evidenced through electronic time stamp signatures. Timely recording of all necessary clinical documentation in accordance with NYS OMH and OMIG mandates.
- Identification/assessment of case management or social services needs of your clientele. Referring and linking clients and their families as needed to receive such services and entitlements.
- Comply with emergency after hour coverage for clinic patients.
- Expedite clinic referrals consisting of telephone consultations and walk-in consultations.
- Participation in supervision, staff meetings, case presentations and in-service training.
- Additional responsibilities deemed necessary by Program Director required for program operations.
- Licensed mental health professional (LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, Licensed PhD or Licensed Marital and Family Therapist). Post-graduate training in psychotherapy a plus. Knowledge of Accumedic a plus.
- S/He will have strong organizations skills, high attention to detail, the ability to work within strict time constraints and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong computer proficiency required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaker required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to understand sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient computer knowledge, including word processing and database software
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate.