The Dayglo Presents video internship has direct responsibility for the recording, production, editing, and overall quality of Dayglo’s multimedia materials, including content for Brooklyn Bowl, The Capitol Theatre, LOCKN’, Relix magazine, Garcia’s, and more. The video intern will process/edit video and audio files and learn to compile professional video assets.
The ideal candidate for this role will major in audio/visual production and editing, be proficient in tools such as Adobe Premiere & After Effects, have an eye and wherewithal to shoot compelling content, and show a passion for interacting with audio/visual technology.
This position is a great opportunity for the right candidate to expand his or her knowledge of media in the music industry. The video editor intern will have the opportunity to grow and expand their knowledge of the full landscape of media with a particular focus on its distribution applications.
Responsibilities would include:
• Learning, practicing and improving upon the entire media production process, including digitizing, editing, and splicing multiple sources of audio and video, as well as preparing media files for final consumption in streaming media
• Focusing on pulling concert selects, outputting strings, and adding lower-thirds/bumpers
• Contributing to the evolving use of media at Dayglo Presents by collaborating with departments, venues, and individuals across the company on creative projects and initiatives
• Previous audio/visual production and post-production experience with a proven track record of success; preferably at least one year of experience at the college level
• College major with course work in fields such as media, communications, design, advertising, film, and/or video production
• Computer savvy with the ability to learn new software and systems quickly and to integrate different computer and size formats into a single media file
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe After Effects
• Demonstrate experience operating video cameras
• Exposure to, and interest in, audio/visual technology
• Ability to visualize how to tell a compelling story from start to finish; strong sense of aesthetic creativity
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability and desire to work collaboratively; ability to build constructive and effective relationships
• Strong attention to detail, with the ability to identify connections and relationships between data points
• Ability to perceive risks and make decisions quickly, often with incomplete information; able to devise logical and right-sized solutions to problems under tight deadlines
• Aptitude for remaining composed and confident under pressure
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.