Reynolds American is evolving at pace – truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR Finance Interns
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
Role positioning and objectives
This position is with Reynolds American Services Company — a subsidiary that provides support services, including compliance, HR, law, finance, information & digital technology, and more to all of the subsidiaries of RAI.
The Finance function is offering an internship opportunity to assist the function in providing financial leadership in every facet of RAI and its operating companies. Summer interns will have Winston-Salem based assignments. The internship will provide exciting assignments and significant exposure to other company functions outside of Finance.
You will exercise initiative, creative problem-solving skills, teamwork and leadership as you interact with other personnel throughout our winning organization. In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support. Concluding your internship, interns provide senior management, project partners, and work teams with a professional presentation sharing the project overview, findings and recommendations.
Reports to: Finance Manager
What you will be accountable for
Previous RAI Finance Interns have:
- Assessed the size, profitability, and trend of various brands in order to develop scenarios and build a business case to illustrate the potential volume and brand profit growth as well as to address the sustainability of current and future price levels
- Conducted an in-depth comparative study of RAI and its major competitors to understand where RAI working capital stands and provided recommendations to the Finance Leadership Team on the efficient levels of working capital that would improve value
- Engaged cross-functionally with key partners in order to create waste reduction reports that are immediately meaningful and support our corporate sustainability goals.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you interested in exploring a career in Corporate Finance?
- Are you a strategic, analytical and creative problem solver?
- Do you have leadership experience?
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Office Desktop
- Pursing an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or similar degree
- Completion of 2 or more semesters of core Accounting and/or Finance coursework
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic and fast problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills