Corporate Practice, Associate Director
950 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Start Date: ASAP
Location: NYC preferred (other locations possible)
Our Associate Director will be a proactive, dynamic, and intellectually curious communications professional with 4-6 years of experience, including work in an agency setting and in the B2B space, focusing on financial, services, energy as well as other industries. This person will be part of a team that develops and executes innovative, fully integrated programs for a broad range of companies that help drive awareness and influence audiences across all channels.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear more about you and why you’ll be a great addition to the RF|Binder team, working on both market leaders and emerging brands. Your analytical and creative thinking skills will be important as you write and create content for multichannel communications campaigns. Your leadership and collaboration are critical as you serve as the day-to-day account management for your clients and foster strong client relationships.
After one year, you’ll know if you were successful if:
- Your team members and clients trust you to lead projects from inception to completion and to provide reliable strategic counsel surrounding how best to achieve a client’s business objectives. You have established strong relationships with your clients, and a strong understanding of their business and sector.
- You have independently created client-ready content that includes positioning, messaging, and thought leadership work, that illustrates your understanding of client context and business needs.
- You have designed and executed successful media relations and/or multichannel communications programs for your clients, delivering results that drive measurable business impact rather than just “impressions.”
- You have established a strong grasp of (and relationships with) the key reporters and influencers within your clients’ sector(s). Your media contacts can count on you to send them unique, personalized, and memorable pitches. You proactively work to foster personal relationships with key reporters and take time each quarter to meet journalists and editors in-person/video conference.
- The team members you manage are developing their core communications skills with your oversight. Your feedback has made their pitches more effective, generating more consumer traction for our brands.
- With minimal oversight from senior leadership, you field questions from Associates, Senior Associates, and Associate Directors advising on their project management skills and supporting the prioritization of their day-to-day work, counseling up when they need additional support.
- You have sought to create award-winning work for every client, constantly pushing the creative boundaries.
- You’re able to work on multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines while maintaining high-quality output and a sense of humor that fosters a collaborative environment.
- You’ve taken a leadership role in the office, providing thoughtful direction and insight to all department projects and acting as a mentor and coach to your colleagues.
- You’ve picked up on your clients’ taste and aesthetic, and can guess ahead of time the feedback they’ll share, making our processes even more efficient.
- You often share interesting examples of PR and marketing examples with the team and look forward to seeing their ideas that will inspire breakthroughs for our clients.
- You’ve searched out and taken advantage of learning opportunities through online tutorials, reading, and special events, and shared your learnings with your team and the firm to keep us on the cutting edge of the industry. You’ve learned new tools and skills that you didn’t know before you started here.
- You’ve proactively sought feedback from your team and supervisor, and have already integrated it into your day-to-day work and seen the positive results impacting our clients as well as your own career growth.
RF|Binder is a fully integrated communications and consulting firm — powered by business acumen, analytics, creativity, and purpose. We build, grow, protect and transform brands and reputations. Our mission is to build market leaders and our purpose is to empower our clients and our people to have an impact.
We invest in our employee experience and are honored to have been recognized as one of Crain’s Best Places to work in New York in 2019. Benefits and perks include:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
- Generous PTO
- Flex and Dependent Care Spending
- Unlimited Sick Days
- Social Justice Committee
- Running Club
- Voting Club
- Black Voices Content Club
- Summer Fridays
- Wine on Tap
- Bagel Fridays
RF|Binder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.