Are you a strong communicator that has a passion for organic food and farming, live events, consumer education, and marketing? Rodale Institute is looking for a well-rounded Program Manager to lead several projects including our Grow Clean Water consumer campaign, our inaugural Soil Health & Human Health conference, in addition to playing an important role in copywriting and general marketing functions across the department. An ideal candidate will have strong written and project management skills, experience with conceptualizing marketing campaigns, an aptitude for event execution, and a passion for consumer education.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Writing, Copy Editing and Content Creation— an ideal candidate will be a strong writer and editor with excellent grammar and proficient at conceptualizing and writing compelling marketing and educational content. The Program Manager will play a role in writing our quarterly direct mail campaigns, website copy, as well as assist with fundraising campaigns and generating content for email marketing and web.
· Grow Clean Water Consumer Education Campaign— the Campaign Manager will lead our “Grow Clean Water” campaign for the next three years. The goal of the campaign is to educate families in the Philadelphia area about the connection between healthy organic farms and clean water (learn more at GrowCleanWater.org). The Campaign Manager will manage the execution of the campaign, including strategy, timelines, budgets, reporting, programming and events, digital marketing content, advertising, videos, and other deliverables. This role will require strong project management skills in addition to creativity and marketing skills. Knowledge of the Philadelphia area and/or Philadelphia organizations and institutions is a plus. Previous work with kids and families is a plus. Experience with leading fully integrated campaigns a plus. Some travel will be required for events.
· Soil Health & Human Health Conference—the Campaign Manager will lead marketing and administrative responsibilities related to Rodale Institute’s launch of our inaugural Soil Health & Human Health Conference slated to launch in October 2022. This five-day immersive conference will be held at Rodale Institute’s headquarters and will be targeted at medical doctors, nurses, nutritionists, medical students, health policy makers, hospital administrators, and other medical professionals. The Program Manager will be responsible for the creation of communications & marketing materials related to the launch of this conference, along with administrative functions to serve our registrants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or another related field.
- Excellent communication skills, including internal communication.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, including grammar.
- Experience with consumer education.
- Well-rounded communications experience, including social media, website content, email marketing, event planning and more.
- Ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of and interest in organic food and farming, environmental issues, and science strongly preferred.
Position Type: Full-time.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, three writing samples to Elaine Macbeth at elaine.macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org.