The Real Estate and Valuation Practices at RSM LLP are full-service practices providing a deep breadth of capability, services and an innovative approach to the real estate industry. Our team combines real estate accounting, tax, financial and business advisory expertise to provide integrated solutions from the simplest assignment to the most complex. Our collaborative team approach enables an array of experts to assist in providing solutions to all real estate sectors.
Real Estate Consulting Team
We are currently looking for an Intern to join RSM’s well-established and growing Real Estate and Valuation Consulting business. As part of this exciting team, you will have the opportunity to combine your specialist technical skills and knowledge of real estate to advise clients on all aspects of real estate related valuation matters.
- Assist companies to identify and measure the value of their assets by providing independent and well-supported valuations.
- Perform local, national and international real estate market analysis on a wide range of public and private entities using all accepted and relevant valuation approaches
- Independently gather data pertinent to an engagement through direct client interaction, including personal and telephone interviews with market participants including brokers, appraisers, investors, developers and asset managers
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends
- Assist with preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner; assist in proposals and executive presentations
- Understand the requirements associated with the development of value conclusions under GAAP, tax, and regulatory rules allowing companies to understand the value of an entity, asset, or liability so they can make informed business and investment decisions
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Real Estate Finance from an accredited college/university.
- Technical knowledge of real estate property as an investment class, along with knowledge of discounted cash flow models and the construction of capitalization rates.
- Exposure to the relevant real estate and valuation professional and regulatory issues.
- General knowledge of FASB fair value accounting standards (ASC 820).
- Experience with purchase price allocation (ASC 805) and impairment analysis (ASC 360).
- The ability to create strong, effective working relationships within RSM and with clients as well as work on your own initiative.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to write clear, concise reports are critical.
- Ability to travel as required.