Marketing and Social Media Intern
Saint Joseph Prep has an exciting opportunity for an aspiring marketing and communications professional to gain experience in social media and web marketing for an education nonprofit organization in Boston, conveniently located near the green line, commuter rail, and several bus routes.
Saint Joseph Preparatory High School is a premier independent co-educational Catholic high school in greater Boston, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston. Saint Joseph Prep provides an exceptional, accessible, student-driven education marked by academic excellence, authentic community, meaningful engagement, and dynamic innovation. Through the School’s diverse, character-driven, and faith-filled experience, graduates are prepared for success in college and career and empowered to be servant-leaders.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Social Media Intern will support the school’s multi-channel marketing efforts, with a focus on social media and web content creation, to raise SJP’s visibility, advance its brand, and engage key audiences. The intern will develop social media content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn that tells the story of SJP through compelling visuals and copy. This position will be critical in covering school events and happenings, and will be responsible for taking photos, posting on social media, and drafting posts for the school website. The intern will also assist with webmaster duties, including writing web content, updating website pages, and ensuring the website is up to date. Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Social Media Intern will contribute to and gain experience in social, web, digital, and print marketing in the exciting and rewarding nonprofit education sector.
The Marketing and Social Media intern will:
- Craft compelling, engaging social media content across platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Assist with community management across SJP’s social media accounts
- Create Instagram Story content
- Help to track and analyze social media metrics
- Write and edit content for the school’s website
- Attend school events and programming to capture photos, cover on social, and write stories for the school website and newsletter
- In collaboration with the Enrollment and Advancement offices, support the creation of marketing materials to help drive admissions and donations
- Work across all departments, including Athletics, Campus Ministry, STEAM and the Arts, to trumpet student activities and successes
- Support school events through social media coverage, collateral creation and preparation, and general event support
- Perform other duties as assigned by and in support of the Director of Marketing and Communications as well as the Enrollment and Advancement offices
- Social media platforms (required)
- Microsoft Office Suite (required)
- Google Suite (required)
- Hootsuite or other social media management tool (preferred)
- Canva or other design tool (preferred)
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop (preferred)
- Online content management system (e.g. Finalsite) (preferred
An ideal candidate must:
- Possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with proven ability to deliver against objectives in a timely, professional manner
- Have experience with social media content creation
- Be open to feedback and has a desire to learn
- Possess a high level of integrity and professionalism
- View works through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Be attentive to detail
- Have strong organizational and time management skills
- Be a creative and innovative thinker
- Believe in the mission of Saint Joseph Prep
- Consent to a background check
The internship program is based on the following criteria and standards:
- Applicants should be in their junior or senior year of college or graduate program pursuing a degree in marketing or communications, working as an intern for class credit.
- Past marketing/communications internship experience is strongly preferred. Relevant coursework and extracurricular activities will also be considered.
- Interns must be available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week during the academic year with a minimum 3-month commitment.
- All paperwork for the college must be handled by each intern.
- Occasional availability on evening and weekend work is required
Interested students should send the following to email@example.com:
- Full contact information including phone number, email, and address.
- A cover letter expressing why you are an excellent candidate for the position.
- A resume including a list of marketing, communications, and non-profit related courses taken (video accepted).