Special Event and Development Intern
Saint Joseph Preparatory High School has an exciting opportunity for an aspiring advancement professional to gain experience in non-profit special events, development, and alumni relations. The purpose of this internship is to provide students with hands-on experience in special events and fundraising for a private, Catholic co-ed high school located in the Allston-Brighton neighborhood of Boston.
Saint Joseph Prep is a premier independent co-educational Catholic high school in greater Boston, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston. We provide an exceptional, accessible, student-driven education marked by academic excellence, authentic community, meaningful engagement, and dynamic innovation. Through the School’s diverse, character-driven, and faith-filled experience, graduates are prepared for success in college and career.
This internship will offer the student an opportunity to do professional-level work under supervision in areas such as:
- Supporting logistics associated with special events, including the creation of invitation list, maintaining an accurate timeline of activities with deadlines, attendee registration, website and social media updates, soliciting sponsors, and communicating with venue and vendors
- Maintaining donor files, logging event donations, and generating and sending donor acknowledgements
- Tracking of event budget and goals and reporting in the Raiser’s Edge database.
An ideal candidate must:
- Be responsible, flexible, professional, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of Saint Joseph Prep
- Possess a high level of integrity, organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled with a variety of programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite are mandatory; knowledge of InDesign, Canva, and Photoshop a plus.
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks with a sense of humor
- View with through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
- Consent to a background check
The internship program is based on the following criteria and standards:
- Applicants should be in their junior or senior year of college or master’s program working as an intern for class credit.
- Interns must be available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week during the academic year with a minimum 3-month commitment.
- All paperwork for the college must be handled by each intern.
- Occasional availability on evening and weekend work is required.
Interested students should send the following to Advancement@saintjosephprep.org
- Full contact information including phone number, email, and address.
- A cover letter expressing areas of interest and career goals.
- A resume including a list of non-profit related courses taken (video accepted).
Saint Joseph Prep is conveniently located near the green line, commuter rail, and several bus routes.